Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   akta 686 grace period until 30 June 2010 (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3956)

plantlover 7th July 2010 05:52 PM

Re: akta 686 grace period until 30 June 2010

Such a waste of time and money! They should spend their time catching illegal collectors and loggers instead.

cbkhoon 7th July 2010 07:11 PM

the biggest impact to the extinction of the plants are thru "deforestration" and this is done always in large scale.. not sure the spelling... illegal colectinng is 2nd..

government shud do something on the first cause but not implementing so called "akta" on hobbylists.

sooxiwei 7th July 2010 07:41 PM

seems like **** is gonna happen soon, it seems like their flaw rules plus bunch of inefficient department have cause a havoc in the population of plants(environmental dept taking under table "papers" to allow mass burning of forest)

now we are the one who cares bout those species of plants, but we get restriction on helping on the protection just because of some poachers(microscopical minority)

seems like retard never learned, first is sugar permits implemented on small scale sellers in order to "prevent" illegal export(who the hell is so stupid to buy small amount of sugar with high cost after including freight in account...), then a series of crappy laws...why the hell do our government always like the stand on top of the pile of **** and feel so proud of that...retards have no brain...

kentosaurs 7th July 2010 11:08 PM

I really think we shouldn't be scolding and complaining about the goverment right here in the forum.

marvin1997 11th July 2010 04:05 PM

@sooxiwei , Don't be so angry la, take a deep, deep breath...Government try to help only..

plantlover 11th July 2010 06:34 PM

Yah, they try to help....but FAIL because they don't really know the cause of extinction. It's deforestation that's most threatening to the flora and fauna, not a few illegal collectors. And certainly not innocent hobbyist with tissue cultured and man made hybrid plants.

allenphoon 11th July 2010 06:44 PM

it indeed is the truth that all of us know since we understand the meaning of deforestation, C'me on, it is really unavoidable for deforestation, it is consider common for village become town, town become city, i suggest that just cool down, and let all of it proceed by it own way, there is nothing we can do, and you know, we might get the possibility get accused for doing something bad and might get arrested for what we say...

bactrus 12th July 2010 12:25 PM

I suggest we wait and see what happens. What the agriculture department is trying to protect is teh unique species of plants we have in as our heritage. Yes deforestation is a big issue nowadays but remember the government is also trying their best to cope with that issue. Remember the Paphiopedilum rothschildianum theft from Sabah many years ago. That is what they are trying to prevent.

Maybe petpitcher members can connerstone in implement "legalising" Nep. I have no idea but it will be good if we can become a registrar. I really don't know how the agriculture Department is gonna implement this but we have to be prepared to coorperate to facilitate. Maybe there is a morotorium free registration period. Don't worry nursery man like Fauzi and Eric should be more worried. For now, we enjoy our hobby and wait and see what happens.

When it comes to enviromental issue and the present topic is Deforestation. We all of us can reduce our use for wood, that is a good start already. The EU is already banning all uncertified wood from South America and Asia, that is a government initiative. Remember this when you print the next piece of of document, though much of is is recycled some are still virgin pulp- can be planted or from virgin jungle. Or the peat moss/sphagnum moss we all use, have you though where they come from? Whether or not the harvesting is sustainable?

So, Think Again!

NepNut 12th July 2010 03:03 PM

Talking about environmental issues... the biggest driving force to open up jungles now a days are oil palm industries. The same thing is happening all over South East Asia including Malaysia even in Johor. I have witness (regretted didn't take a pic) the whole country side cleared away to plant oil palms. When there's big $$$, everything else is out of the window.... :thumbdown:

bactrus 12th July 2010 04:51 PM

Not to mentioned the thousands of acres lost everyday in Brazil fro cattle and soy bean planting. In terms of diversity lost, I recon the communist party in malaysia played a major role in delaying the opening up of forest in Kelantan, Pahang, Nothern Perak and sourthern part of the main range. Alas! PKM has to fall for the wrongs they committed.

Robert, you want pictures? Just goto plantation company websites, they will have some or wwf website.