Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Borneo Exotics @ Singapore Garden Festival, 25 July - 1st August (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=942)

Cindy 19th July 2008 04:57 PM

Borneo Exotics @ Singapore Garden Festival, 25 July - 1st August

Hi everyone,

Finally, I have time in front of the computer to give you some updates. I have been at Suntec after work doing little odd jobs like clearing the display area of things, setting up tables for the sales booth and ferrying things down to Level 4 from Level 6. http://www.greenculturesg.com/forum/...ault/laugh.gif

The display is now being set up. It is a lot of hard work and there are at least 6-8 people working at a time. Not wanting to give away what you will see at SGF when it starts, there are about 500 Nepenthes on display together with many other rare and special plant species. Currently, the structure is being put up and plants will be going in next week.

At Level 4, they have three sales booths. What can we expect?
*Books - two books and the authors will be around for autographs for certain days (more details about the titles and the authors later)
*Posters - photos of Australian CPs e.g. Pygmy Sundews, Cephalotus, Utricularia etc by Phill Mann and his buddies
*Art work - by Mr William Richard Taylor (Nepenthes lovers would have seen his work which Rob posted on the forums)
*Plants - Nepenthes (will update on the species once the consignment arrives) and Cephalotus
*Others - let me go and check it out later today, hehehe

Both the display on Level 6 and the sales booth on Level 4 are right in front of the entrance so you won't miss them! Do drop by and visit us if you are in Singapore during this period!

plantlover 20th July 2008 01:27 PM

Re: Borneo Exotics @ Singapore Garden Festival, 25 July - 1st August

Where's the event? Suntec? Maybe I'll go.

hongrui 20th July 2008 06:02 PM

yes Aaron, SGF '08 is held at Suntec.

alienfx 21st July 2008 05:33 PM

The flora feast(26-28th) in danga bay Johor also clashes with the SGF.Wonder that the Johor goverment thinking.No proper planning at all.

Cindy 25th July 2008 01:08 AM

List of Neps being sold
Nepenthes ampullaria (speckled and green forms)
Nepenthes bicalcarata x (ampullaria x gracilis)
Nepenthes bicalcarata x ampullaria
Nepenthes merriliana x alata
Nepenthes tobaica (green and orange forms)
Nepenthes fusca
Nepenthes truncata
Nepenthes sanguinea
Nepenthes muluensis x lowii
Nepenthes ventricosa
Nepenthes clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)
Nepenthes x 'Gardentech'

Notes:
1) All plants are small (about 8 cm) diameter and come potted in cocopeat with growing guide.
2) The price of the small plants is SGD$ 8 each or 3 for $20.00 (except for Nepenthes 'Gardentech' - see below)
3) Nepenthes 'Gardentech' will be SGD$50 each and limited to only 10-20 plants per day maximum on a first-come first served basis - one plant maximum per customer.

alienfx 25th July 2008 01:05 PM

Can i bring plants from singapore to malaysia without any permits?

jeff1u 29th July 2008 09:28 PM

:unsure: Well. I will say cannot.... or they..... anyway. you know.

David 30th July 2008 10:28 AM

Ali,

Check out the article archive in the Resources Page on Petpitcher homepage here. You can bring in 3 plants without certs but the plant must be bare root. Hope this law still stands unless it has changed and I did not knwo about it. Let me know if it has changed.

alienfx 30th July 2008 12:32 PM

I know im allowed to bring in 3 bare rooted plants from malaysia to singapore but how about from singapore to malaysia?

Anyway,i bought in 6 plants on sunday from BE and the nobody checked me at the malaysian side.I see many people bringing many bags but non got checked at the malaysian border.

arvin555 31st July 2008 12:05 AM

I have noticed that most countries really are not that strict with outgoing items, but when you are entering the country then they are strict. They are not just strict with live stuff like plants but all sorts of other items, taxable or illegal.

I know that there are restrictions about export of plant items in my country, but as I mentioned they are really not that strict, unless its in commercial quantities.

On the other hand, as I just came home from a trip to Japan, reading brochures and handouts about quarintine laws, etc. has shown me that the laws are there for a reason, eg. avoiding diseases and pests coming in the country. So it really should also be a big concern for us as well :)

TTFN
Arvin

ps. just realized this has become OT here, sorry!