Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Just some pictures over the weekend (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3265)

David 2nd November 2009 07:26 PM

Just some pictures over the weekend

17 Attachment(s)
I just had a great weekend visiting my old folks and spent almost 5 hours in a stretch repotting my Nepenthes. Managed to capture a few pictures before it was too dark to do so.

Anyway, nothing super rare like a lot of you have, but just a few of my personal favorites to share :smile::

N. sp. viking upper pitcher. I just love the curves that the ladders makes. Kinda like a squid swimming in the sea.
Attachment 2590

N. thorelii. Pitchers are getting bigger each time I visit. This was from seeds that were given to me by Nong from Thailand.
Attachment 2591

N. truncata with lots of ants feasting on nectar under its lid. This is a MT clone
Attachment 2592

N. xcoccenia
Attachment 2593

N. rafflesiana x veitchii
Attachment 2594

Good old mirabilis "stout". Sorry, picture a little blur. It was getting dark and my mini camera had problem focusing.
Attachment 2595

I think this is N. distillatoria
Attachment 2596

N. gracilis "black", MT clone
Attachment 2597

Typical N. gracilis
Attachment 2598

N. boschiania
Attachment 2599

A few of my N. ampullaria collection...

N. ampullaria "green"
Attachment 2600

N. ampullaria "green speckle"
Attachment 2601

N. ampullaria "red" from Nong of Thailand
Attachment 2602

N. ampullaria "red giant" from Fauzi. BE clone.
Attachment 2603

N. ampullaria "tri color"
Attachment 2604

N. ampullaria x gracilis
Attachment 2605

Here is one of my favourite and the species that gave me the inspiration for PP logo. This is also an MT clone.
Attachment 2606

poweramps 2nd November 2009 07:34 PM

Re: Just some pictures over the weekend

Wow David, love the colour of your thorelii. And boschiana looks sooo sexy. How do you manage them so well?

David 2nd November 2009 07:37 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Some of my N. rafflesiana collection...

Attachment 2607

Attachment 2608

Attachment 2609

Attachment 2610

Attachment 2611

I am very proud of this plant... N. rafflesiana "beige, frill tendril". It's still a little baby and seem to grow very slowly. Perhaps after this media change it would start to grow for me. Can't wait to see how its pitchers would look like when it get bigger.
Attachment 2612

David 2nd November 2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweramps (Post 22394)
Wow David, love the colour of your thorelii. And boschiana looks sooo sexy. How do you manage them so well?

Thanks for the compliments.

I don't really manage them. My mum help me water them and care for them. I travel there from KL every now and then during the weekends if I am not busy or working. They just love it in Taiping. The air in Taiping is very humid as the town is surrounded by hills. It also always rain there. So the neps just love it.

David 2nd November 2009 07:50 PM

How nice if I can fiddle with them every night or weekend when I get home from work. Don't mind squatting next to dirt transplanting them etc, getting my hands and feet dirty... haa, haaa...

poweramps 2nd November 2009 07:52 PM

Lucky them, with the natural high humidity and tender loving care. I love Taiping...except the afternoon showers *biggrin2*. The colour of the beige raff is most interesting. Plus the winged tendril..that is a killer. Are you expecting the colour to strengthen as it produces bigger pitchers?

jixxxs 2nd November 2009 08:03 PM

Wow... excellent plants David... taiping... yeah... town of fresh air and the afternoon rain.. it would be hard for Neps not to thrive there. Your N.bicalcarata is an excellent speciment.

David 2nd November 2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweramps (Post 22399)
The colour of the beige raff is most interesting. Plus the winged tendril..that is a killer. Are you expecting the colour to strengthen as it produces bigger pitchers?

I have no idea how it would look like. It was a tiny plantlet when I received it and I have no pictures of the parent plant as reference. That's the excitement there for me see how it would look like when it matured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jixxxs (Post 22400)
Wow... excellent plants David... taiping... yeah... town of fresh air and the afternoon rain.. it would be hard for Neps not to thrive there. Your N.bicalcarata is an excellent speciment.

Thanks. You are very kind. I think a lot of you grow much healthier and robust plants. I actually think twice before posting these pictures.

hosh 2nd November 2009 08:28 PM

Hi David, Your rafa and ampularia have such strong colours. Love them. Thans for sharing. hosh

poweramps 2nd November 2009 08:29 PM

Love to see the development of the beige raff then. Looks exquisite now, might even get better in the future. The colouration is a sure killer for nep fans (die..sendiri kena poison already, hehe).