Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008?? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1142)

David 23rd September 2008 03:15 PM

Re: CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008??

Hey guys! Any of you going for the exhibition or competition? I will be going on 27 November, Thursday and will be back to KL on either 29 or 30 November. I will be driving there, so if any of you from KL want a free ride to Penang and back, let me know ya. I still have space for 3 persons.

I believe we should support this event because I think this is the first time that a CP competition has been organised in Malaysia for everyone. It will be fun and we get to "poison" more people into thsi hobby.

As such if you guys/gals really can't make it and would like to place your plants in the exhibition or join the competition, I am willing to take your plants to Penang for you. However, you'll have to arrange to collect your plants back after the event as I am not staying there the whole week.

Hope to meet up with CPers from Penang over the weekend.

shawnintland 23rd September 2008 04:28 PM

Really hoping to make it down there myself David. Although I think I'll have to fly in. Figure that I always really liked Penang even though it's been many years since my last visit. Besides, meeting all the CP'ers from the forum as well as a visit to the Botanical Gardens, and hopefully a hike or two to see some Neps in habitat sounds waaaaay too good to miss! :1thumbup: Hope to finally meet you all/some there in person!

David 23rd September 2008 05:34 PM

Haa, haa, alright laa... Will be great to finally meet you Shawn.

bactrus 24th September 2008 11:31 AM

Dear Shawn,

You can fly in to Penang from Koh Samui using firefly http://www.fireflyz.com.my/ in a Fokker Friendship Plane. Just checked, flights still available. I have never been on that airline before. If anyone like to book accomodation, the hotel nearest to the exhibition ground is Hotel Waterfall. Room condition I don't know as I never had to stay there.

I propose a meet up somewhere in the exhibition ground on Saturday the 29th afternoon?

malowie 26th September 2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 4138)
Hey guys! Any of you going for the exhibition or competition? I will be going on 27 November, Thursday and will be back to KL on either 29 or 30 November. I will be driving there, so if any of you from KL want a free ride to Penang and back, let me know ya. I still have space for 3 persons.

I believe we should support this event because I think this is the first time that a CP competition has been organised in Malaysia for everyone. It will be fun and we get to "poison" more people into thsi hobby.

As such if you guys/gals really can't make it and would like to place your plants in the exhibition or join the competition, I am willing to take your plants to Penang for you. However, you'll have to arrange to collect your plants back after the event as I am not staying there the whole week.

Hope to meet up with CPers from Penang over the weekend.

argh how i wish i could goo. but 27th is the day my SPM is over!

David 28th September 2008 06:40 PM

Just to entice you guys/gals more to join in, some of us will be visiting some wild nepenthes site in Penang during the weekend. So if you come, you'll be able to join us. :)

bactrus 2nd October 2008 12:36 PM

Suddenly this thread is so quiet? So no outstation members from this forum is coming? Hehe... wait till we post the wild neps sites we visit, the exhibition and our makan sessions. You'll drool with envy and regret. Muhaha...

Penang Members, 29th November Saturday Dinner, somewhere as venue not confirm yet. Can I know who is coming so I can make the necessary booking? Also, any meal restrictions please mention next to your name. The more the merrier!!

1. Bactrus
2. David
3. Shawnintland
4. Pisceslim?
5. atmccmn?
6. cpnut?
7. Powersensor?
8. Poweramps?
9. Harlem2347?
10. Amelie.Poulain?
11. Fauzi?
12. Harris?

shawnintland 2nd October 2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bactrus (Post 4486)
Penang Members, 29th November Saturday Dinner, somewhere as venue not confirm yet. Can I know who is coming so I can make the necessary booking? Also, any meal restrictions please mention next to your name. The more the merrier!!

1. Bactrus
2. David
3. Shawnintland - YES! Restrictions; anything that might interfere with hiking the next day!
4. Pisceslim?
5. atmccmn?
6. cpnut?
7. Powersensor?
8. Poweramps?
9. Harlem2347?
10. Amelie.Poulain?
11. Fauzi?

bactrus 2nd October 2008 05:02 PM

Funny Shawn but a point too. Fuel up with carbohidrates then...

harlem2347 3rd October 2008 06:22 PM

1. Bactrus
2. David
3. Shawnintland
4. Pisceslim?
5. atmccmn?
6. cpnut?
7. Powersensor?
8. Poweramps?
9. Harlem2347? - Not sure yet :unsure:..scare mum dun allow me drive car to Penang at night...Because I cant identify road rightly and always get lost. :tongue: But I wanna go..look so fun and enjoyable :1thumbup:...Aii..let me try find the solution 1st....:crying:
10. Amelie.Poulain?
11. Fauzi?
12. Harris?[/quote]