Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CNY holiday pics - lowii x campanulata (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=6567)

poweramps 5th February 2011 05:01 PM

CNY holiday pics - lowii x campanulata

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some pic of lowii x campanulata that I got from Fauzi I think about 2 years ago. Now under my mother's care as I left it at kampung a year ago. Haven't been fed for one and a half years time, but the pitcher managed to catch ants anyhow. The plant sends out 2 rosettes
Attachment 4346

Attachment 4347

Attachment 4348

Attachment 4349

caseyhoo 6th February 2011 12:26 AM

Re: CNY holiday pics - lowii x campanulata

That is really a nice and well take care plant... How I wish mine is growing so nice.,..

poweramps 6th February 2011 12:47 AM

Thanks. Well, my mum just water the plant only (unless she has been feeding it something and not telling me about it). It has proven to be quite a hardy plant. Was a good buy.

caseyhoo 6th February 2011 01:23 AM

May I know how you prevent the burn soil flush out from the big hole of the pot? Thanks...

poweramps 6th February 2011 01:53 AM

Oh, previously i experimented with coco-fiber, but that made the soil very moisture retaining, and killed a few sanguineas. After that, and including this one i use small, flat pieces of charcoal to block the holes as I slowly add the soil in. Very tedious, and if use too big a piece, the soil volume becomes less, but more airy and soil can dry out easily.

poweramps 6th February 2011 01:54 AM

If you look at the first pic, you can see the hole looks black - charcoal pieces blocking the hole :biggrin:

edwardyeeks 6th February 2011 02:23 PM

*biggrin2* I hope mine will grow as beautifully as yours and participate in the nepenthes monthly competition...........they really grow slowly.

marvin1997 8th February 2011 08:27 PM

Poison ><

caseyhoo 22nd February 2011 11:16 PM

poweramp, may I know what is humidity and temperature of the place?

poweramps 16th March 2011 08:49 PM

Hi Casey, sorry for the late reply. Busy ever since CNY. I think temps are typical of Penang, uniform day and night, unlike in KL where the nights are cooler. Humidity - I never measured it but might be a little dry during daytime coz it is on the balcony at the back of the house. It sometimes dries out a little on Sundays as my mum does not have the time to water as she has classes to conduct on Sundays. Hope that is of help