Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   seed bank for petpitcher.net (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3068)

David 29th March 2010 10:58 AM

Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

Thank you Adam for the suggestion. I agree that is a good cause to donate to. We'll discuss further with the Advisors and Admin members on where to donate the money when the time comes.

The seed bank account stands at about RM350 now. As agreed earlier in this thread, we will make our first donation when the account hits RM500 + RM50... only RM200 to go. :)

kentosaurs 29th March 2010 03:15 PM

No new seeds coming in?? :)

David 25th June 2010 11:24 AM

Dear members,

It is with regret that I have to inform all of you that I will not be able to run the Seed Bank anymore. Due to personal reasons I find myself unable to continue with this responsibility. I have been feeling guilty for some time now because of my slow response to all your seed requests and in sending out the seeds. It should not be like that.

However, the Trading Boards will still be there for members to trade or exchange plants/seeds with each other.

Therefore, I am proposing the following:

1. A 1 month period for donors with seed credits to request for current available seeds or to cancel their seed credits.

2. I will close the accounts after 1 month and we shall decide where to donate the money.

3. I will stop receiving donations of seeds for the Seed Bank with immediate effect.

4. Left over seeds will be donated to other seed banks, organisations or Admin members and Advisors.

Some of you have noticed and posted on the forum about the lack of members and activities on PP. Perhaps it is my fault as I have been neglecting the forum and its members as well. I will try to do something in the near future to spice up this place again. However, I hope more members would come forward to make this place exciting. This is your place to share your passion about your plants.

But, having said all that it is normal for forums to have life cycles that goes up and down. There will be times of "business" and times of "quietness". :)

allenphoon 25th June 2010 03:32 PM

it is sad to know that....but i really wanna to thanks all the forumer who donate theirs seeds....just hope someday it can reopen again...so that i still can purchase cheap and nice cp seeds again....=D

Angkau Tekor 25th June 2010 06:04 PM

Why not let other members volunteer their service to continue operating seed bank. Maybe senior members can step forwards to offer themselves for the job. It's a pity to close it down as i feels that it has benefited a lot of members. Just my 2 cent.

weeps 25th June 2010 08:34 PM

I also agreed with that.....sort out a best solution to continue.

LJ_Tan 27th June 2010 12:34 AM

I do hope the Seed Bank still continues and tentative run by Senior member.

I do try and it was very hard to get the CPs seed in Malaysia before I joint this forum especially for beginner. Seed Bank will help beginner on learning how to sowing CPs seed because the cost was very low. This will help to push for more people to start for CPs plant.

Before I joint this forum, I love Drosera and I do not know where to get the the seed to start on it. I direct purchase from US and very lucky that the seed was arrival at my house. I did not apply for the permit but in actual, the envelope was open by Kementerian Keselamatan Dalam Negeri and Custom. The cost I spending for 10 type of Drosera was about RM150 but if I purchase from Seed Bank, it was only RM30.

Seed Bank was one of the benefit to beginner. Hope it still continues.

marvin1997 27th June 2010 10:16 AM

Sad :( Hope the seed bank continues

edwardyeeks 27th June 2010 09:55 PM

This is shocking! I really hoped the seed bank will continue. I think it's a problem that lack of senior members to continue the seed bank is the problem. Really hope that the seed bank will return ASAP.

delphiguy 28th June 2010 11:45 AM

This is truly a bad news I really wish for the seed bank to continue. I can
only imagine how difficult it is to keep the seed bank running, thank you David
for the time and effort and I hope that someone able will step up and
continue what you've started. If it cant really be avoided, may I suggest
that before shutting down the seed bank, that the members be given one last
chance to purchase seeds......