Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   MAHA 2008 (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=990)

artificialive 7th August 2008 12:41 PM

Re: MAHA 2008

Helloooooo Petpitcher!
hehe im back here in malaysia.. so u guys are planning for a trip on 16th August?

Naj

Tarence 7th August 2008 07:00 PM

hey naj

good to know you are back. so you speak any hindi, tamil etc ? *smile*

trip like in outing yah , not trip & fall. heheh.

yep, 16th is our tentative date to MAHA. join us ? if u confirm coming, then we`ll firm it up.

the rest ?

dom 11th August 2008 09:33 AM

I will join if there is no photoshoot on that day.

Tarence 12th August 2008 09:39 AM

Tentatively, Edmund , David & I will be there before 10a.m.....so Dom & the rest who are coming & perhaps want to meet up....

TS 13th August 2008 01:01 AM

Hey guys, I have gone to MAHA this afternoon with my friends. (I used to go with them every year, so sorry I won't join you guys).
This is a much bigger scale event compared to Laman. Suggest you guys park your car as near as possible to the main exhibition hall, you can take a so called "tram" (see it for yourself, hehe, but free of charge) to the hall, or you'll have to walk at least 10 minutes under the hot sun (sorry, no trees). Fortunately today no sun. :2thumbup:
There are 4 exhibition halls, all air-cond, don't worry :smile:
You'll find a lot of plants, orchids, ornamental plants, lycos, tilandsias, fruits & vegetables, herbs, indoor plant tanks (there is one CP tank there, the rest are miniature ornamental plant tank, cactus tank etc.) tropical fishes, all sorts of crops like padi, corns...
There are also machines, tractors, fertilisers, pets food, packed junk food/dried fruits, fruit/herb drinks, fruit enzyme..... anything to do with agriculture and agroculture.
Hey, YG Park was there too! Alot of neps, sarracenias and VFTs. I don't have much time to go seeing everything they have, but make sure you bring enough money or you'll regret.
Bring along your own water if you don't like sweet or other flavoured drinks sold there. Suggest you guys don't bring along baby as I believe there will be very crowded during weekend, most importantly you need to walk alot and time consuming too.

caseyhoo 13th August 2008 06:20 PM

Cool... May I know how is the price for Sarra/VFT/Tillandsia?

For those Sarra/VFT, are they those normal type that can found in Sg. buloh?

TS 13th August 2008 09:57 PM

Hi Casey, I'm so sorry that I didn't look into the price for the VFTs as I already have those. :tongue: and have no time to look into every CPs there as my friend has to rush back home. Thilandsia was at other stall, the price is reasonable, too. The sarras are from as low as RM18 to as high as RM70 or RM80 if I'm not mistaken, the new release are more expensive. But you could buy smaller plant as the bigger plants are of course higher priced. The new release are mitchelliana, farnhamii, farnhamii hybrid to name a few. The stenvensii is so beautiful and different from what we see in our local nursery, it's redder in colour, there are also leucophylla, flava, catesbeia, some hybrids...
Some of the neps are so huge, go see for yourself! :wub: Unfortunately I don't see any sundews around.
You guys must be very "careful" that YG Park's stall was located in Hall D that actually exhibites mainly packed food, so funny, that's the only stall selling plant. Luckily one of my friend is very 'tong jia' (people who like eating), so we have to follow and went around for free food tasting, or else I'll missed YG stall. I guess YG must be joined in very last minute.

edmund83 14th August 2008 10:12 AM

wah.... cant wait to go visit this POISON world.... heheheh
Guys... be prepare your pocket money ... it gonna get out from your pocket .. heheheh

caseyhoo 14th August 2008 11:38 AM

TS, thanx for update... That means, there is a lots of variance of sarra and VFT lor... :wub:

Im not sure able to attend MAHA or not... But, defanately will get some help from others and get some plant... Going to PokKai liao!!!!:crying:

TS 14th August 2008 01:37 PM

There are many species and hybrid of sarra but only one form of VFT.
Prepare to burn a big hole in your pocket, guy :2thumbup:
Oh yeah, the lovely sibuyanensis is one the huge neps selling there... :wub: