Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Interaction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My other hobby...Wild fish...Betta (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4560)

sooxiwei 12th October 2010 08:22 AM

My other hobby...Wild fish...Betta

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/i...rgod/013-5.jpg

A male Betta Albomarginata sub adult, size around 1 inch, coloration building up to the whole body, hopefully it grows up faster than I expect so that I can start making 2nd generation(F2) from my current 1st batch(F1) :)

Harris Azariel 12th October 2010 10:12 AM

Re: My other hobby...Wild fish...Betta

cool!

where did u get it?

sooxiwei 12th October 2010 09:20 PM

parent were "imported"*biggrin2*

this one is the children of the parent*biggrin2*

Harris Azariel 12th October 2010 10:00 PM

wow!how did the seller make the fish survive during trasport?

also,how do u breed them?
u seem to have skill on breeding this fish:1thumbup::1thumbup::1thumbup:.

emperorsnakehead 25th November 2010 05:54 PM

great man..
i also have emperor snakehead fish and dragon fish (palmas @ ikan naga @ bichir)

i like to see them gone wild when they eat..!!
share with us on what you feed them and how you change the water..:smile::smile::smile:

sooxiwei 26th November 2010 10:16 AM

like those big fish as well, but tank size requirement is not what I will like to provide as I'm a lazy fella who don't like to waste too much time on maintainance...

the betta I am having is something very small only, at the moment the full length is around 1 inch, had dump them to my backyard water pail for spawning(breeding), lazy to take a video of them since I have no proper video cam, my phone video is not good enough for these

emperorsnakehead 29th November 2010 08:54 AM

how can we recognize the eggs if they have breed?
since i used aquarium, it is a loss for me if the eggs were thrown out when i change the water..
about your beta, how long, i mean the maximum size it will grow?

sooxiwei 29th November 2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorsnakehead (Post 34599)
how can we recognize the eggs if they have breed?
since i used aquarium, it is a loss for me if the eggs were thrown out when i change the water..
about your beta, how long, i mean the maximum size it will grow?

depending on species, some can be small some can be big, ranging from 1.5 inch to 5 inch plus

eggs are either left on bubblenest or brood in mouth...depending on species...

emperorsnakehead 29th November 2010 04:08 PM

do you know about the emperor snakehead fish (toman bunga) and bichir @ palmas fish (ikan naga)?

i still don't know how to differentiate between male and female..
some said we can see from above (for snakehead), if the head is round and big, it is female..but if the fish is still a baby (like mine), it is quite hard to differentiate..
and for the bichir, some said we can see from it's fin..if the fin is longer, it is a male one..

but i still cannot 'believe' to some facts if i don't see any pictures about how to differentiate their sex..(1 picture equal to thousand words)..*biggrin2*
and i still cannot differentiate them because from my eyes, i see all of them are the same..*biggrin2*

sooxiwei 29th November 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emperorsnakehead (Post 34605)
do you know about the emperor snakehead fish (toman bunga) and bichir @ palmas fish (ikan naga)?

i still don't know how to differentiate between male and female..
some said we can see from above (for snakehead), if the head is round and big, it is female..but if the fish is still a baby (like mine), it is quite hard to differentiate..
and for the bichir, some said we can see from it's fin..if the fin is longer, it is a male one..

but i still cannot 'believe' to some facts if i don't see any pictures about how to differentiate their sex..(1 picture equal to thousand words)..*biggrin2*
and i still cannot differentiate them because from my eyes, i see all of them are the same..*biggrin2*

No idea bout those biggies, didn't read much bout those, need to go through some scientific paper for sure