Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How I planting my CP... Using tweezer (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1884)

caseyhoo 15th January 2009 04:27 PM

How I planting my small size CP... Using tweezer

7 Attachment(s)
Just wanna share with you all how I planting my CPs... :blush:

Because I found that many CPer didnt use any accessory when planting their CPs. And it is not a easy task. So, introduce a good tools for planting --> tweezer

Accessory that I use --> tweezer
Attachment 1056

Step1
Attachment 1057

Step2
Attachment 1058

Step3
Make a hole in a new pot
Attachment 1059

Step4
Attachment 1060

Step5
Attachment 1061

Step6
Push spagnum moss to cover the hole
Attachment 1062

Done... :smile:

plantlover 15th January 2009 04:34 PM

Re: How I planting my CP... Using tweezer

Nice step to step instructions. I usually use my bare hands.

Amelie.Poulain 15th January 2009 05:49 PM

Hahahha, great mind think alike! I have the straight one too, apart from other countless 'tools' that I've grabbed around the house! :lol:

caseyhoo 15th January 2009 06:00 PM

Aaron, if it is big plant, bare hand is not a problem. It will be a issue if it is tiny plantlet... :crying:

Athene, what others useful tools you are using. Please share with us. :smile:

I got my tweezer at RM1.50 (if not mistaken) :tongue:

Title change to "How I planting my small size CP... Using tweezer"

kentosaurs 15th January 2009 08:15 PM

Hi Casey

Nice info........Well i'm always scared last time when my dad use to help me transplant but now i do all myself la....Last time it was like watching my CPs get tortured and there's nothing i can do about it.He just hold the stem drag the whole thing out.Hehehehe i think i have one of those somewhere...I will need it for my seedlings.

Ken

cbkhoon 15th January 2009 09:40 PM

that is a good idea to use tweezer. I have a plastic one too, so that it won get rusty, i dun even need to wash it.

Amelie.Poulain 15th January 2009 09:59 PM

I use stainless steel, won't rust... I think it might be surgical grade, hmm...

bactrus 16th January 2009 12:03 AM

Me use a Stainless STEEL one!!! Muhaha, mine is a straight electronic hobbist tweezer. It even glint in the sun. Seriously, if you're using a metal tweezer, make sure they are cool to the touch when you use it to transplant you tiny plants.Our tropical sun heats metal pretty fast. The heat can easily burn those sensitive and tiny roots. I am speaking from experience. So I usually dip it in cold water first before using.

Off topic but still on tweezer. One can use the tweezer to feed tiny drosera, for example, so they can grow fast and healthy.

David 16th January 2009 10:23 AM

I use tweezers and a surgical scisors to trasplant all my CPs except mature Neps.

Besides that I have a tweezer that is attached to a magnifying glass that also has a small light. This is to help me when I transplant small baby Drosera plantlets. It is exceptionally useful when looking for and picking Byblis seeds that has been bleached before sowing them on the growing media. Kinda difficult to see after you bleach them as they are white in colour.

And like BA, I use my tweezers to feed my Droseras with insects, mostly small red ants.

caseyhoo 16th January 2009 08:04 PM

I use it to feed my CPs as well... Bloodworm!!!!!

David, you have surgical scisors for CPs?! May I know what it is use for? For stem/leaf cutting?