Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008?? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1142)

piscesilim 8th September 2008 06:14 PM

CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008??

Penang Botanical Garden is having a Floral Fest from 29 Nov. to 7 Dec. There will a section for carnivorous plants exhibition. I will send my cps for the exhibition. The exhibition need at least 200 plants. Anyone interested to send your cps for exhibition? The organiser told me that we can claim for the transport fee or even all the costs if you are coming to Penang if they got enough fund!!

The organiser also informed me that to have a carnivorous plants competition is possible. May be can have 2 category. One for Nepenthes and another one for other cps. They have contact Ch'ien Lee and he had agree to be judge. But my concern is... there will not have enough participants.

Do you guys think that competition is possible? Please discuss.

Aliamyz 8th September 2008 09:08 PM

Re: CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008??

I can join..maybe!

harlem2347 8th September 2008 09:22 PM

:smile: Ooo….I hear from Eric (Owner of TG Shop) before, he said that this Penand Floral Fest is very big and he will be at there that day. Will persuade dad take me go there..hehe!! :laugh:
Got competition of CP? :confused: I didn’t hear it before…I think I dun have qualification to participant..because just start have CPs this August.…I think sure get people will participance..That day I went Green Penang Flora Exhibition at Auto-City,Juru..also got people show their CPs...
I think that competition is possible…hope many people will partipance…:1thumbup:

shawnintland 8th September 2008 10:48 PM

Hmmmmm, sounds like a great excuse to visit Penang again! Thanks for the info!

plantlover 8th September 2008 11:26 PM

I don't have any unusual or special plants. If not I'll joined.

Maybe my Miranda......or my Sarras......but still not sure can come to Penang.

David 9th September 2008 10:51 AM

Thanks for the infor Lim. This is great. I think we should try to get CPers to join in the competition. It would be a great publicity for CP cultivation in Malaysia.

I'll try to make it. Keep us updated on the event details ok. Tks.

This thread deserve a sticky on it.

TS 9th September 2008 01:36 PM

The problem is who is going to bring the plants over. If one has to sent the plant by post, then I'm sure nobody will be interested. As one has something to show meaning that's something very precious too. Unless we have someone who is able to take good care and bring the plants over to the exhibition. Then I think that's possible.

David 9th September 2008 01:51 PM

i figure if they are interested to join in the competition, they'll have to either go there themselves or entrust their precious plants with someone who is going there.

By the way Lim, any prize for the competition? Can we knwo what it is? I think that will be a pulling factor to attract peopel to join.

edmund83 9th September 2008 03:07 PM

interesting event and i think people are waiting to know more about this competition!

:1thumbup::1thumbup::1thumbup:

piscesilim 9th September 2008 04:15 PM

The competition is not yet confirm. But the exhibition is definitely on. Now just want to know how many people are able to send their cps for exhibition? And also competition?