Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Group Purchase (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   triffidpark (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1905)

kltower 19th January 2009 09:52 AM

triffidpark

Fauzi has good experience growing and selling nepenthes. He too seels the occasional vft, droseras and sarracencias.

How about asking Fauzi to expand his scope by asking him to order for us the offering of Triffid Park. TP offers a wide varieties of vfts, sarracenias (A$8-$12), and droceras (A$3-$5). They also have cobra lily and heliamphoras. Their prices are quite reasonable, considering A$ is lower than U$.

You can drool over at this website:

http://triffidpark.com.au/htm_pages/...ous_plants.htm

Fauzi, how about it?

Choong

kentosaurs 19th January 2009 10:16 AM

Re: triffidpark

Hi Choong

Well i definitly did wet my keyboard over all those pictures..........But the neps are so expensive...Whats the current rate for Aus$????Most neps are like 30-50$ which could easily reach RM 100++.............Well i guess they normally sell VFTs and Sarras.....I like the pssitchiana (sumting like that)

Ken

soonsuseong 19th January 2009 12:11 PM

the N pervillei is certainly reasonably priced at AUD25. the rest.....umm, a bit pricely....

plantlover 19th January 2009 02:36 PM

I want the cobra lily!!! I hope Fauzi will import it.

strath76 21st January 2009 06:15 AM

Triffid Park prices for most plants are very reasonable. You are right about the price of the Nep's. A cheaper option for the Nep's if you are happy to import would be Captive Exotics. I get alot of my Nep's from here as they tend to be a little cheaper and they have a larger range. The plants here range from $10 to $50 Aus.

Here is a link to that site. http://www.captiveexotics.com/

Currently $1 Aus = 2.35 MR

kentosaurs 21st January 2009 08:48 AM

Hi strath

Agreed some of those prices are kinda reasonable......If i would ever to get one from them i would get veitchii lowland M size for AUS$20 which is around 40+ here

Ken

strath76 21st January 2009 09:22 AM

Yeah Ken, I am going to get the veitchii hihgland on my next order from Tony. The plants are always in great condition. The mira that I recently posted in the nepenthes section is from Captive Exotics.

eric_sow 21st January 2009 09:07 PM

If this group purchase can be process, I do has number of plant to buy like heliamphora and drosera.

caseyhoo 22nd January 2009 12:25 AM

I also have some plants in my mind...

I will probably order the below
Dionaea muscipula 'Crested Petioles' - $Aus 5
Dionaea muscipula 'Cross Teeth' - $Aus 5
Dionaea muscipula 'Red Piranha' - $Aus 8
Dionaea muscipula 'Gold Strike' - $Aus10
Dionaea muscipula 'Bristle Tooth'- $Aus10
Sarracenia x courtii - $Aus 12

Aliamyz 23rd January 2009 09:39 AM

Hi Starth,
I did contact CE a few months back and they told me they won't proceed with international orders.How sad...wanted to get hamata x platychila.

strath76 23rd January 2009 04:27 PM

That's unfortunate. I am waiting for them to release that one as well! I will be ordering it pretty much as soon as it hits the available list.

edwardyeeks 25th January 2009 08:37 PM

I am very interested in the sarracenias! But the neps are certainly too expensive!

Cheers

Aliamyz 26th January 2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strath76 (Post 12594)
That's unfortunate. I am waiting for them to release that one as well! I will be ordering it pretty much as soon as it hits the available list.

Adam,
Then you can do TC on them and send a few here.:2thumbup::1thumbup:

marvin1997 26th January 2009 02:10 PM

Hehe, guess what.I'm in Aust now!!Maybe going to Triffid Park.Saw the website.Cobra for AUS$30!!!OH MY!!!Can I take plants back to M'sia?Reply fast!!

marvin1997 26th January 2009 02:15 PM

And do they sell medias for CPs?And what is triffid?

strath76 26th January 2009 03:03 PM

I think they sell media there but it would be worth your while stopping at Collectors Corner. It is on Springvale Rd, Braeside. They also sell Cp's and they have a range of media for sale as well. It is part of the Garden World complex. It is sort of on the way to Triffid Park. The term Triffid is taken from the book 'Day of the Triffids'. The term was coined in the book for a fictitious plant that ate people.

strath76 26th January 2009 03:04 PM

Hi Marvin, should have added, if you would like some directions PM me and leave your number and I will call you or I will give you my number if you prefer. Cheers.

plantlover 26th January 2009 04:25 PM

You're so lucky Marvin. I've visited Australia 4-5 times in the past but was not hooked by CPs that time. I want a cobra lily.

marvin1997 27th January 2009 10:06 AM

Heh,Garden World?I think I saw that while going to my aunt's house.She's in Dandenong.Shopping complex?So.......is triffid a real plant?

plantlover 27th January 2009 12:39 PM

No. Triffid is not a real plant. Its just from a book. If its real the world will be doomed.

Aliamyz 27th January 2009 03:46 PM

If you have a chance to visit EP.

strath76 27th January 2009 06:02 PM

Hi Ali. If by EP you mean Exotica Plants he would have a lot of travelling to do. They are based in Queensland (about a 2-3 hour plane trip). Only a bit over 2000 Km from Melbourne.

To TC some plants and ssend them across I would first have to learn how. I have heard that Nep's tissue contains bacteria that take over the culture when used in TC.

marvin1997 28th January 2009 03:59 PM

You should have said that earlier.............I was at Queensland last week..............And Strath,can you give me your number?I don't when know I'm going.

marvin1997 28th January 2009 04:15 PM

Oh,I forgot to tell.That one I saw was"Waverley Garden".......Not Garden World..............

strath76 29th January 2009 04:17 AM

Waverley GArdens is just a normal shopping centre but it is not to far from Garden World. I have PM'd my number to you.

marvin1997 31st January 2009 10:07 PM

MY cousin's future house is opposite garden world.Thanks Strath!See pictures of garden world.Sorry,but I only took three,and the cobra really came out under the pot!!I don't remember who said that pitcher plant that grow under the pot but it's real!!Can I ask you for a favour?When you go there next time,can you help me take that picture of the cobra growing under the pot?Thanks!