Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Cephalotus (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cephalotus from YG (MAHA) (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1064)

caseyhoo 23rd August 2008 11:28 AM

Cephalotus from YG (MAHA)

2 Attachment(s)
They are nice... And have at least 20pitchers!!! Again, thanx, Tarence...

And Here it go...

Attachment 191

Attachment 192

David 24th August 2008 12:33 AM

Re: Cephalotus from YG (MAHA)

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine... :smile: so cute!

Attachment 199

Aliamyz 24th August 2008 12:01 PM

Nice plants guys!

malowie 24th August 2008 04:36 PM

two years back i was in cactus valley and bought one pot of cephalotus. it was the only pot left. the pitchers were about 1 inches in length and there a bout fifteen to twenty of them. it cost me rm38 if im not mistaken.

when i brought it down to pj, it died. the whole thing turned yellow even though i provided it partial shade.

so, hopefully you guys with much younger cephalotus can get them growing properly! :2thumbup:

hongrui 24th August 2008 10:43 PM

wah! nice cephs guys! so envious..

Tarence 25th August 2008 01:26 PM

guys, we gotta really concentrate on caring for our new `****es`. in about 2 weeks time, i might change the media to peat / sand. i don`t quite like the idea of pure lfs & especially if the ceph is placed in the garden where it gets full rain.

malowie : yes, i bot the ceph last time too for rm38. mine lasted 6 months. and would have lasted longer if i didn`t let the media become too moist during raining season.

caseyhoo 25th August 2008 02:53 PM

So, what is the best mixed for them ar? I read the old post that made by others, and summarized as below
Media : peat + petlite/sand with 2 : 1 portion.
Water : Water it once the surface of media is dried, dont use water tray
Light : Put in shade, Tarence put them in full sun
Pot : ceramic pot to cool down the pot.
Humidity : dont need to bother much
Temperature : dont too hot

Please correct me if im wrong...

Tarence 25th August 2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyhoo (Post 2867)
So, what is the best mixed for them ar? I read the old post that made by others, and summarized as below
Media : peat + petlite/sand with 2 : 1 portion.
Water : Water it once the surface of media is dried, dont use water tray
Light : Put in shade, Tarence put them in full sun
Pot : ceramic pot to cool down the pot.
Humidity : dont need to bother much
Temperature : dont too hot

Please correct me if im wrong...

KC...my own personal view.

Our challenge now is to acclimatise them from camerons temperature to KL temperature. I am placing mine in the garden area where it is the coolest and make sure i wet the garden nightly to bring down the temperature. I worry if it rains too much coz the LFS will become too wet. if can, protect the outdoor ceph from rain. no direct sun. bright area will be fine & good air movement.

in about 2 weeks, or when i see new growth, i will change the media to peat / sand. Cindy says to be careful of the roots as they break very easily.

my ceph from cindy gets morning sun only. but it is direct hot sun. it gets rains but the water drains thru the medium. i don`t like using LFS 100% as it becomes soggy outdoors ( Cindy places her LFS cephs indoors i think )
and retains too much water.

KC, we go step by step. keep the fella alive first, then worry about the media.

caseyhoo 25th August 2008 04:00 PM

Tarence, got it...

Will be patient and wait and see... Must take photo of the cephalotus from every angle, else, im worry that Im will not realize the growth of plant... Because, I didnt spent much time to seeing them. :crying::blush:

Cindy 25th August 2008 04:02 PM

LFS in air-con room where it is cool, then it is fine. But like I told Tarence, if the temperature remains 28C and above then start worrying. The roots rot very quickly and once that happens, nothing you do can save the plant.

So keep the humidity as high as you can but with good ventilation. Amongst other taller plants in a windy area helps. And allow the top of the LFS to dry out a little before watering and no water tray.