Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Introduction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hi from terengganu (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4085)

esa_screen 9th May 2010 11:17 PM

Hi from terengganu

My name is Aisamuddin. You can call me din. Want to share something here. Here at my village there used to be a swamp forest, but because of deforesting and people want to make their home, they didn't realize they destroying the habitat of the carnivorous plant!!! Today, this evening when I came home from work, i shock when the small jungle has been cleared..I know in there too many carnivorous plant baby has emerged and they destroying just like that..I'm feel sad and go to the site to find any survivor. And finally I found one, not far from the road, sitting there waiting for me to rescue it, the sky turn dark already so cannot find another baby,..then I take it to my house..Tomorrow i'll try to find them again, hope that the bulldozer wont totally finished their work.........:unsure:

LJ_Tan 9th May 2010 11:24 PM

Re: Hi from terengganu

Dear din,

Hope u can rescue as many as u can...

allenphoon 9th May 2010 11:24 PM

ya, same here, it also happening to mountain near my house, now many people wanna eliminate the forest, but fortunately, there still got a lot of safe zone for it, porably will lose some place because of some pollution cause factory....sad....

LJ_Tan 9th May 2010 11:28 PM

Same case happen in Kedah,....

I do try a few place to look fr them, but until today I only can find N. albmarginata...

esa_screen 9th May 2010 11:40 PM

Yup..Lj_Tan..i'll definitely try to find another survivor tomorrow..Hope they still available:unsure: Good thing this forum exist, because I'll will know more info about the CP..before this don't know who to ask..I know this forum from other forum, quickly join after saw it *biggrin2* I'll like CP because of their weirdness that take insects or bug as their food, unlike any other plants ...My greatest thank you for those who made this forum, I really appreciated them. :1thumbup:

LJ_Tan 9th May 2010 11:52 PM

Hope they still wait fr you ....

I also just started for Nepenthes on last year but now I'm more for Drosera.

esa_screen 10th May 2010 02:20 AM

drosera u said... beautiful CP :wub: I'll start with nepensis fisrt, when I have more exp I'll try other variants also. :smile:

esa_screen 10th May 2010 02:22 AM

I'll mean nepenthes not nepensis...hehe..still learning their name.. *biggrin2*

Vincent 10th May 2010 06:06 AM

lol, first, i would try a venusflytrap or cape sundew.....then, perhaps a nepenthes sanguinea later on...

paphioboy 10th May 2010 09:28 AM

hi and welcome to PP.. :) Sorry to hear the sad news, but i'm happy that you are on a rescue mission..

vincent, in Malaysia, neps are much easier to grow than VFTs..