Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Dionaea muscipula (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   what cultivar does the Hee Nursery sell? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4306)

Harris Azariel 23rd July 2010 12:57 PM

what cultivar does the Hee Nursery sell?

what cultivar does that nursery sell?

plantlover 23rd July 2010 02:23 PM

Re: what cultivar does the Hee Nursery sell?

Only regular ones when I visited there.

caseyhoo 23rd July 2010 02:48 PM

Yea... Regular VFT. And sometime they may have red dragon. Because they are getting VFT from YG Park.

Harris Azariel 23rd July 2010 08:28 PM

how much does a VFT is cost at Hee Nursery?

caseyhoo 23rd July 2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harris Azariel (Post 31072)
how much does a VFT is cost at Hee Nursery?

Im not really sure how much they selling it. If not mistaken, RM25~35 for regular form.

shamp 23rd July 2010 11:44 PM

I see lots of questions like this, nurseries really don't sell cultivars, just seed grown plants, that appeal to them. That doesn't mean that they are any less better, though. You can't say its a 'Red Dragon' unless it says so. It may have lots of anthocyanin, but don't abel it as one. Now if it looks IDENTICAL, you should label it as, lets say Dentate lookalike.

caseyhoo 23rd July 2010 11:53 PM

Hee nursery didnt grow their VFT from seed of leaf pulling. I know where the nursery stock in their VFT. And I know the source only have 2 type of VFT --> typical and red dragon. That why I dare to tell what type they have.

plantlover 24th July 2010 12:22 AM

I went to YG park and they only have all green and typical. Then Hee only have all green when I went there. Getting cultivars is extremely difficult in Malaysia.

caseyhoo 24th July 2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plantlover (Post 31093)
I went to YG park and they only have all green and typical. Then Hee only have all green when I went there. Getting cultivars is extremely difficult in Malaysia.

IC. Probably they are out of VFT red dragon.

shamp 24th July 2010 02:26 AM

If it is labeled as such you may call it as such. If it isn't DO NOT LABEL IT, as you think it is. If you know ehere they get their plants, maybe the supplier, said "these aren't Red Dragon, they are a seed grown plant that looks identical. So caseyhoo, you don't know if it is a 'Red Dragon' or not. End of conversation...