Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Introduction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Greetings from Penang, Malaysia (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3390)

Aaronlee86 25th November 2009 10:55 AM

Greetings from Penang, Malaysia

Greetings! David and Members,

I am Aaron Lee from Penang, Malaysia. I happened to come across the link that led me to this forum at the MAC forum.

I am a naturalist and behaviourist and am interested in observing how living organism strive for survival and how evolution by natural selection works.

I hope I can learn much about carnivorous plants here and I am planning to get my first vivarium started out. Wish me luck.

Best Regards
Aaron Lee

rsivertsen 25th November 2009 11:36 PM

Re: Greetings from Penang, Malaysia

Welcom to this forum Aaron! :1thumbup: - Rich

caseyhoo 26th November 2009 05:30 AM

Welcome to PP.

Penang CPer increasing population increase very fast!!!!

Aaronlee86 26th November 2009 11:57 AM

Thank you, rsivertsen and Casey.

I suppose both of you are senior members of the forum and possess carnivorous plants yourself. If you don't mind I'd like to have some information about the plants such as the requirements and the husbandry and the maintenance and etc as I am new and pretty ignorant about them.

I thank you both in advance. Hopefully we could meet up someday somewhere in Penang and share our interests.

Best Regards
Aaron Lee

caseyhoo 27th November 2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaronlee86 (Post 23209)
Thank you, rsivertsen and Casey.

I suppose both of you are senior members of the forum and possess carnivorous plants yourself. If you don't mind I'd like to have some information about the plants such as the requirements and the husbandry and the maintenance and etc as I am new and pretty ignorant about them.

I thank you both in advance. Hopefully we could meet up someday somewhere in Penang and share our interests.

Best Regards
Aaron Lee

My status in PetPitcher is "Senior Member" because, im "senior" in posting...

Regarding plants requirement and plant information, I think you can start with https://archive.petpitcher.net. There is some usefull information in there.

Next steps is, read old post as much as you can. If have any question, try search from forum 1st. If cannot find, then post it. I think there is a lots of member that willing to help on this... Cheerssss... You will find CP is cool because you are difference from others gardener!!! *biggrin2*

cbkhoon 27th November 2009 05:14 PM

i agreed with casey, a CP keeper is definately not a normal gardener.....

NepNut 27th November 2009 07:09 PM

Another member from Penang... Welcome!! BTW... I'm from Sg. Petani, Kedah, probably the only one here that's nuts about nepenthes... *biggrin2*

plantlover 27th November 2009 07:44 PM

Welcome to Petpitcher, Aaron. There sure are many members from Penang.

Aaronlee86 27th November 2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plantlover (Post 23238)
Welcome to Petpitcher, Aaron. There sure are many members from Penang.

Thanks all. There seem to be a lot of Penangites. And I am wondering where they usually source the plants. I found some pithcher plants sold at botanical garden this morning. But they aren't in good condition, and mostly dried up. Where can I get the flytraps?

TimeEve 27th November 2009 09:39 PM

I am from Penang Island. Nice to meet u and learn together