Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gone to New trio (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=2921)

marvin1997 24th August 2009 07:57 PM

Gone to New trio

Okay I went to New Trio yesterday.Was seeing the neps and cephs and sarras there.And there was a HUGE truncata(or is it some other sp?Ah,dunno).Didn't have mush space to put so I decide to walk on until I saw this cute litle nep.......N.Buyonsis(Something like that,could not remember) and asked the boss the price and...............RM65:eek:
My dad heard it and was saying"Harga gila!":sweating:to the boss and all the way in the nursery.Asked him why and he said dunno:laugh:Funny.Does fauzi sell this species?Then I can just go buy from him with the other neps I always wanted.By the way is New Trio still our sponsor??:confused:

caseyhoo 24th August 2009 09:09 PM

Re: Gone to New trio

Im dont know how rare is the plant. But RM65 for a Nepenthes is not expensive. Somemore, it is depends on the nursery location and rarity. And availablility in the market. :1thumbup:

If dont agree with price, you can always ask for discount or walkaway from the nepenthes. *biggrin2*

marvin1997 25th August 2009 08:04 PM

I know but y'know my parents are like dunno how precious they are and....

kentosaurs 26th August 2009 04:22 PM

I have never heard of such nep buyunsis...==" Anyways my small sized gradentech RM75 le..

TS 26th August 2009 06:28 PM

Could it be N. sibuyanensis?

marvin1997 26th August 2009 08:17 PM

Maybe?Cute little pitcher.I only managed to make out the word up there.

David 28th August 2009 10:07 AM

I think RM65 is reasonable for a sibu. How big is that plant? Also for those huge truncatas, the price is around RM65. It si not high. You can always look for the cheaper species like xventrata or gracilis which goes for about RM15 to RM25 per pot.

If you want them even cheaper, you can get smaller plants which Fauzi should have in his nursery.

New Trio is still our sponsor but only in the CP Competition at the moment.

plantlover 28th August 2009 06:17 PM

RM 65 is already quie cheap for a nep. My sibu costs RM60. MY small campanulata is already RM75!!

Delwin 28th August 2009 10:35 PM

RM65 for a large truncata is considered a steal. You dont know how long the plant need to grow to an adult size for truncata.

marvin1997 28th August 2009 10:49 PM

The truncata is the size of my ARM!!!!But I don't have any place to put it so.....