Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Introduction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Newbie (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3849)

tylerstacy87 24th February 2010 06:06 AM

Hey, everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tyler, and I just came across this website today. I started growing CP's last year when I bought (or should I say "Saved") my first VFT at Lowe's. Thankfully, I was smart enough to research how to grow them immediately after I purchased it. It sparked a huge fascination with all the other CP's I never knew existed. Since then I have been buying whatever carnivorous plants I can find in the area. Most of them I buy to rescue from certain death in local department stores, but recently I have been wanting to start a bunch from seed. Please feel free to stop by my profile and say hello! I don't know anyone else that grows CP's so, it would be nice to have someone else to discuss this stuff with. Hope to talk to you all soon!

Tyler

caseyhoo 24th February 2010 02:38 PM

Re: Newbie

hi Tyler,

Welcome to PP...

David 24th February 2010 03:12 PM

Hi Tyler,

You can also discuss in teh forum itself. It will be more visible and more members would be able to chat with you.

marvin1997 25th February 2010 06:32 PM

Hi and welcome to PetPitcher!!! So what are the other CPs you have??

tylerstacy87 26th February 2010 03:41 AM

Hey, Marvin1997! So far, these are the plants I have. They're all fairly young right now, maybe two or three years old, I assume.

Sarracenia Alata
Sarracenia (purpurea x flava) x flava
Sarracenia x 'Judith Hindle'
Sarracenia Leucophylla
Sarracenia Psittacina
(2) Sarracenia Purpurea ssp. Venosa
Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea
(3) Drosera Adelae
(12) Dionaea Muscipula
Nepenthes Ventricosa

I've ordered seeds for Drosera Binata, Nepenthes Maxima, and Nepenthes Ampullaria, but I have no idea when the seeds will be delivered. I also ordered some seeds for a Nepenthes species that I can't seem to find too much information on. It was listed as "Nepenthes Bongso". Once I get my seeds I'll be posting pictures of their progress.

marvin1997 26th February 2010 11:28 AM

Wow a lot of sarrs and Vfts!!Nice!And you shouold get more nepenthes species!

Aliamyz 7th March 2010 09:31 PM

Hi Tyler,

WELCOME to this forum.I hope you find yourself comfortable here.Just a reminder,please look for the harvest date before purchasing any nepenthes seeds.This is because nepenthes seeds are only viable for short period of time.

marvin1997 8th March 2010 04:56 PM

Hmm... then may I know where you buy the nepenthes seeds?? :)