Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nepenthes leaf and pitcher droopy? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4675)

Harris Azariel 7th December 2010 11:12 PM

Nepenthes leaf and pitcher droopy?

i was wondering why my Nepenthes pitcher and leaf looks droopy and "Lembik"?is it bcoz of watering?too hot?tranplant shock?

Thanks
HA

sooxiwei 7th December 2010 11:25 PM

Re: Nepenthes leaf and pitcher droopy?

photo???

don't really get what you mean by "droopy"...Any extra detail description could help too:smile:

Robert 7th December 2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harris Azariel (Post 34743)
i was wondering why my Nepenthes pitcher and leaf looks droopy and "Lembik"?is it bcoz of watering?too hot?tranplant shock?

Thanks
HA

what did you do to the plant? did you move it like from a shady spot to warm and sunny area, or you transplant into another pot?

Harris Azariel 7th December 2010 11:37 PM

yes it is transplanted.and yes it did experience lets say around an hour of 11 O'clock sun.

the leaf is really soft like cloth.just imagine you have a cutting of Nepenthes with leaf and pitcher on it,then you leave it dry without giving the cutting water.it looks "wilted".

pitcher kinda soft too.

thanks
HA

kevyn chan 8th December 2010 12:22 AM

although your plant is healthy prior to the transplant process....you should not place it directly into sunny spot....roots might be disturbed, dehydrated and now it is in the "shocked" state and you should water the whole pot thoroughly and place it in a shady place, preferably bag it up in a transparent bag too to provide high humidity....however left an important question, what nep sp are you refering to? :smile:

Harris Azariel 8th December 2010 12:59 AM

thanks Kevyn :)
mine is N.Ampullaria

Thanks
HA

NepNut 8th December 2010 03:19 PM

next time post pic(s)... it's worth a thousand words... *biggrin2*

Seems to be dehydration to me...

tzestan 8th December 2010 10:13 PM

I transplanted a few neps before, most showed some level of shock. Of all, amps are among those responsed badly. To give an idea, the plants came from lowland nursery I visited with conditions not too much different than my house. Each came with 5 leaves and 3 pitchers. All 3 pitchers wilted in 2 days. Of 5 leaves, 3 dried up in the first week. Leaving 2 sickly looking (yellowish with burnt spots) leaves. They recovered in a few months.

Agree with others... photos will be very helpful...:)

Harris Azariel 8th December 2010 10:39 PM

if i found my camera,i'll snap a few.

thanks for replying though.mine is shock bcoz of transplant+transport shock i guess.

Regards
HA