Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   seed bank for petpitcher.net (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3068)

myherb 2nd October 2009 01:23 PM

Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

David,
Would you be interested in Platycerium spores. I have some p.coronarium and local herb seeds.

David 2nd October 2009 03:26 PM

Since we have a non-CP forum as well, sure... why not! Send them in and I will post it on the Seed Bank. This will also give donors more choice to choose from. In turn it will encourage more members to donate.

However, I am not so familier with storing non CP seeds. Any advise on the species you are sending will be appreciated.

cbkhoon 2nd October 2009 05:33 PM

it would be nice if other seeds are also available.. I am interested in adenium seeds too.

myherb 4th October 2009 09:02 PM

I have sent out 12 packets Platycerium Coronarium spores to you today. Hope you received them soon.

David 6th October 2009 09:52 AM

Ok, I have uploaded the first batch of seeds today.

Please note that I may have further changes to the Seed Bank as we go along. We will run ir for a while and adjust as issues comes up.

Also, After myherb Platy spores I will not be receiving non CP seeds/spores at the moment since I do not have the expertise on how to treat the seeds. I would like to start with CPs first and get some experience before extending.

David 9th October 2009 06:56 PM

Some updates on the Seed Bank.

The Seed Request Post Quota has been changed. Member's can request for the maximum packets of seeds per year after they reach 5 post on the forum. I have removed the other levels of quota.

I have also created a "Seed Request Status Report" on the Seed Bank so that members can check their requests/orders to see if it has been mailed out from the Seed Bank. This would save time for members so that they do not have to wait and keep checking for my PM to them to see if the seeds have been mailed out.

cbkhoon 9th October 2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 21463)
Some updates on the Seed Bank.

The Seed Request Post Quota has been changed. Member's can request for the maximum packets of seeds per year after they reach 5 post on the forum. I have removed the other levels of quota.

I have also created a "Seed Request Status Report" on the Seed Bank so that members can check their requests/orders to see if it has been mailed out from the Seed Bank. This would save time for members so that they do not have to wait and keep checking for my PM to them to see if the seeds have been mailed out.

Thank you David for the massive work to make this project happen.. :1thumbup:

David 10th October 2009 09:39 AM

You guys are most welcome. Just hope members enjoy it and fully utilise it. I can't wait for the day when we would have enough funds from the Seed Bank to donate to a conservation effort. It would be the first time we, as a group here at PetPitcher do something to help conserve our beloved CPs. I am excited!

By the way, please read the benefits for donors. I have reworded the text a little as the earlier version wasn't clear and it could mean donors can request for a few packets of the same species in an order. All members and donors can only request for 1 packet of the same species in each order. You can request for the same species again after one month. This is to allow other members the opportunity to get the seeds and anyway the Seed Bank is for you to start your personal collection. It is not for you to to have extra to exchange other seeds with enthusiasts and sell them for profit.

Besides that, the text of each page in the Seed Bank has been improved and edited a little here and there. There is just something to reword each time I look at it. But, this is good! It means it's improving.

marvin1997 10th October 2009 12:07 PM

Hi david....SMS you..Hope you undderstand ya....

shamrock 10th October 2009 06:07 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative, David. :smile: