Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Dionaea muscipula (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are they just the same? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3189)

marvin1997 17th October 2009 11:51 AM

Are they just the same?

I bought my Vft from the carnival(edmund never said what cultivar was it?) and I bought "The Savage Garden" There's three that fit my first flytrap:'dentate?=dente=dentata' and 'sawtooth' but there ain't much red in the trap so I think it's a dentata?=dente=dentate but after seeing few threads Malaysia only has 'sharkteeth' cultivar?:spinning::spinning::sweating::sweating:

And Akai ryu = red dragon is same right?Because I think ryu means dragon in Japan,is it?:confused:

And I feel guilty about putting the wrong name in my grow list...

caseyhoo 17th October 2009 04:52 PM

Re: Are they just the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 21814)
I bought my Vft from the carnival(edmund never said what cultivar was it?) and I bought "The Savage Garden" There's three that fit my first flytrap:'dentate?=dente=dentata' and 'sawtooth' but there ain't much red in the trap so I think it's a dentata?=dente=dentate but after seeing few threads Malaysia only has 'sharkteeth' cultivar?:spinning::spinning::sweating::sweating:

And Akai ryu = red dragon is same right?Because I think ryu means dragon in Japan,is it?:confused:

And I feel guilty about putting the wrong name in my grow list...

Yea, Akai ryu = red dragon. For the VFT that dont have ID. A photo with source of the plant will defanately help a lots... :1thumbup:

marvin1997 17th October 2009 08:10 PM

Short jagged teeth and kind of pinkish in the trap and it just died..And it'd from the Calvary Carnival(Did I spell wrong?)

caseyhoo 17th October 2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 21826)
Short jagged teeth and kind of pinkish in the trap and it just died..And it'd from the Calvary Carnival(Did I spell wrong?)

If their teeth is arranged properly. And each of them are same size. It probably is shark teeth. Since it is a bit quite common at local market. I never seen saw teeth selling at Malaysia or Singapore.

Cheeersss...

TS 19th October 2009 01:13 AM

It's a shark teeth if you got it from Calvary Carnival. Dentata has quite red inside the trap.

marvin1997 19th October 2009 02:50 PM

Then saw tooth?

TS 19th October 2009 09:23 PM

Marvin, what you got from the Calvary Carnival is "shark teeth". They only sell "shark teeth" in such form (short teeth).

marvin1997 20th October 2009 02:59 PM

I know but how does sawtooth differ from them?'The savage garden' says sawtooth redder than dentate

TS 20th October 2009 11:32 PM

You are talking about dentate or dentata? Dentata and sawtooth are redder then dentate (inside the trap)

marvin1997 21st October 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS (Post 21998)
You are talking about dentate or dentata? Dentata and sawtooth are redder then dentate (inside the trap)

Okay now I suddenly understand thanks!*biggrin2*