Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bringing plants back... (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1949)

kentosaurs 29th January 2009 07:14 PM

Bringing plants back...

Hi people

Just a question.....If i were to go somewhere around maybe south east asia like phillipines,thailand singapore and i were to buy plants from there how would i get it back home if i'm using a plane????? If i sneak it through the luggage bag and if i'm caught the results wouldn't be nice...Soooooo what do i do

Ken

funkychips 29th January 2009 08:52 PM

Re: Bringing plants back...

I've brought orchids and Nep cuttings in a bag before but that was on a domestic flight from Kelantan to KL. :tongue: Other places I havent tried but not by plane though, I prefer the safe method by train.

bactrus 30th January 2009 03:25 PM

Ken, if you're caught, you're caught. Just surrender the plant to the officer if begging and reasoning don't work.

bactrus 30th January 2009 07:47 PM

Forgot to add, if you're caught illegally bringing plants out of a certain country you can be trial and jail at the King's pleasure. That is before arriving Malaysia.

marvin1997 1st February 2009 08:41 PM

~edited~

kentosaurs 1st February 2009 08:45 PM

Well then its kinda not good to break the law just for plants and i ain't gonna risk those stuff for plants i can buy at my home country soooooo yea if i ever buy is ti possible to ship it back?

Ken

Amelie.Poulain 1st February 2009 10:10 PM

Ken, if you are shipping it back, you still need the certification & permit.

kentosaurs 1st February 2009 10:28 PM

Aw.............Thats sad okays for now no buying plants from outside the borders

Ken

marvin1997 2nd February 2009 01:17 PM

Dear Amelie,what did I do wrong?Smuggling?And I do not think shipping back is good either,it's kind of inconvenient.And follow bactrus,if your caught,your caught.

Amelie.Poulain 2nd February 2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 13028)
Dear Amelie,what did I do wrong?Smuggling?And I do not think shipping back is good either,it's kind of inconvenient.And follow bactrus,if your caught,your caught.

And also like Bactrus said

Quote:

Originally Posted by bactrus (Post 12906)
Forgot to add, if you're caught illegally bringing plants out of a certain country you can be trial and jail at the King's pleasure. That is before arriving Malaysia.

Plus if you mail the plant to Malaysia & the recepient (you?) does not have the neccesary paper such as CITES & import permit, the plants will be confisticated & destroyed. In order to process the papers & stuff, it requres a lot of time & money so it's not usually worth it if you just importing a few plants.

What you do is up to you so long like I always say, you dare do it, you dare face the consequenses.

Just a reminder, our stand is that this forum DOES NOT promote nor condone illegally importing plants in our country.