Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Nepenthes corner (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4363)

Angkau Tekor 2nd August 2010 04:36 PM

Nepenthes corner

5 Attachment(s)
I finally have a corner specially for my nep. This is the result of my weeks of toiling mostly at night and on weekends. All this i D.I.Y. myself with the help of my bro and a kind neighbour. Feel free to give some feedback.

Attachment 3888

Attachment 3889

Attachment 3890

And humidifier testing with the view of getting some HL neps if successful. I'm using the made in taiwan poultry farm humidifier.

Attachment 3891

Attachment 3892

Thanks for viewing.

delphiguy 2nd August 2010 05:42 PM

Re: Nepenthes corner

Nice setup, i've been wanting to put up a humidifier myself, but that is more of into the
future...

allenphoon 2nd August 2010 07:38 PM

mind share a bit information about the humidifier?hehe

ahbeng04 3rd August 2010 12:11 AM

Nice work! I wish I also hava space like yours.....

Angkau Tekor 3rd August 2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delphiguy (Post 31450)
Nice setup, i've been wanting to put up a humidifier myself, but that is more of into the
future...

Thanks, i think the humidifier really help in lowering the temperature and increasing the humidity. But i'm still at testing stage, so no telling what the result might be like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenphoon (Post 31453)
mind share a bit information about the humidifier?hehe

Allen, i only know this is a taiwanese made humidifier which is commonly use in chicken and swiftlet farms. I'm not that technically incline but i think this one produces mist by spinning of the rotor fan. It generates a high volume of cool mist which is blown out with a fan fixed to the same spindle. One can also installed pvc piping so that the mist can be directed at specific area. This is a very durable and effective humidifier and it cost around RM380 which is quite resonable.

Angkau Tekor 3rd August 2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahbeng04 (Post 31461)
Nice work! I wish I also hava space like yours.....

Hi, thanks... it's really hard work but it's worth it as the end result is really pleasing to the eye. Guess the only thing left to do is to top up my collection of neps.

NepNut 3rd August 2010 03:32 PM

Nice going there... good job !! :1thumbup:

What a coincident.... I also just recently completed a new "prison"... eerrr "place" for my neps too... *biggrin2*

Yup, this kind of humidifier were mainly used for swiflets house and poultry farm but not sure if the external plastic enclosure can withstand constant sunlight as it's mainly designed to be used indoor or under a roof (to also enable mist to circulate). I actually consider using it but for the reasons stated above, I decided not to use this for my neps since I grow them outdoor under shadenet. :smile:

Anyway, always good to see someone putting time, effort and money to setup new growing places for their beloved neps... :laugh:

NepNut 3rd August 2010 04:02 PM

Oh... forgot to mention, you also use lots of Baba 20XX series pot.... GO BABA GO !!! *biggrin2*

Angkau Tekor 3rd August 2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 31469)
Nice going there... good job !! :1thumbup:

What a coincident.... I also just recently completed a new "prison"... eerrr "place" for my neps too... *biggrin2*

Yup, this kind of humidifier were mainly used for swiflets house and poultry farm but not sure if the external plastic enclosure can withstand constant sunlight as it's mainly designed to be used indoor or under a roof (to also enable mist to circulate). I actually consider using it but for the reasons stated above, I decided not to use this for my neps since I grow them outdoor under shadenet. :smile:

Anyway, always good to see someone putting time, effort and money to setup new growing places for their beloved neps... :laugh:

Thank you, mine just small scale only :shy:. Hope to see something grander from your side. I always wonder how you grow your neps especially the HL species. Maybe you can show a few pictures for us to drool over:biggrin:.

You're right, the humidifier can't stand prolong exposure to the elements or it will damaged the enclosure. I place mine under the roof and away from direct sunlight. I thought of using the ultrasonic humidifier but they are just too bulky for my place, not to mention costly too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 31470)
Oh... forgot to mention, you also use lots of Baba 20XX series pot.... GO BABA GO !!! *biggrin2*

Yes... Baba is no.1 :1thumbup:. Hehe..sound like doing promo for Baba.

NepNut 4th August 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angkau Tekor (Post 31471)
Thank you, mine just small scale only :shy:. Hope to see something grander from your side. I always wonder how you grow your neps especially the HL species. Maybe you can show a few pictures for us to drool over:biggrin:.

You're right, the humidifier can't stand prolong exposure to the elements or it will damaged the enclosure. I place mine under the roof and away from direct sunlight. I thought of using the ultrasonic humidifier but they are just too bulky for my place, not to mention costly too.

Actually, I didn't grow any HL neps, most are those hybrids with intermediate nep. I grow all my neps (LL, intermediate and hybrids) outdoor under 50% shade, so I didn't provide anything special treatment to anyone plants... all have to undergo the elements dashed out by mothernature. :smile: