Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Grasshoppers are munching on my neps!!!!!! (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3678)

plantlover 4th January 2010 10:27 PM

Grasshoppers are munching on my neps!!!!!!

The title says it all: Grasshoppers are munching on my neps!!!!!!

I hate them hate them HATE THEM!!!!!!

Now my plants are full of holes. One of my pitcher is even chewed in half. Some of my neps leaves are no more, except for the middle part which connects to the pitcher.

How can I repel or kill these evil insects before they swarm like locusts and munch my plants to death?

sooxiwei 5th January 2010 09:40 PM

Re: Grasshoppers are munching on my neps!!!!!!

biological weapon-mantis, if you isolate your nep away from other plant, chances are the mantis will not "migrate" away from it:smile:

caseyhoo 5th January 2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooxiwei (Post 24995)
biological weapon-mantis, if you isolate your nep away from other plant, chances are the mantis will not "migrate" away from it:smile:

wauh... start promote yours new love already... FYI, Soo is into Mantis now... :1thumbup:

plantlover 5th January 2010 11:31 PM

But where can I find a mantis??

sooxiwei 5th January 2010 11:36 PM

lol, casey, that's from the experience of a fellow player, he told me he keeps his indoor with his plant, never go away, guard the plant well:smile:

mantis...can be found anywhere, especially in rural area, just need a pair of predatory eyes

cjloong 5th January 2010 11:50 PM

I used to have one near my nep but after a while, it went away. BTW. Won't it fall into the traps? I was thinking that would have happened to the one near my plant but unsure.

Regards
cj

arvin555 6th January 2010 12:20 AM

I found Grasshoppers among my neps before and they were muching on the leaves, so I caught them, killed them then fed them to my neps. :)

I have also very small preying Matis in my garden, they are there naturally not even sure how they got there because my garden is 15 feet above ground. My kids love playing with the matises. But recently I haven't seen them, plus they are too small though to go after grasshoppers.

Hopefully your grasshopper problem is only seasonal. I have been through grasshoppers and caterpillars last year.

TTFN
Arvin

jixxxs 6th January 2010 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My solution to pest problems ... be it grasshoppers or squirrels as in my thread last month. Have not had pest problems since... :1thumbup:...See the pic.

marvin1997 6th January 2010 08:51 PM

LOL "The Cage" again haha xD lol c way they eat live insects right?Where did you bought them?

sooxiwei 6th January 2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 25031)
LOL "The Cage" again haha xD lol c way they eat live insects right?Where did you bought them?

i didn't bought them, i catch them:smile:, i guess the cage is better solution, unless catepillar