Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My nep "prison" ^_^ (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4388)

kentosaurs 16th September 2010 11:20 PM

Re: My nep "prison" ^_^

Running a nursery already man....

NepNut 16th September 2010 11:26 PM

More like a little nep "corner" only... Scale like Fauzi's then can be consider as nep nursery *biggrin2*

sooxiwei 17th September 2010 12:09 AM

once they start growing basal plant*biggrin2* hehehe, going to be happening, good luck with the project, I wish I could one day do one for myself:1thumbup:

Angkau Tekor 17th September 2010 12:34 AM

Very healthy looking plants and neatly arranged too.:1thumbup: As for the fence, i think orchids will be the obvious choice if you don't want the sunlight completely blocked.

One word of caution though...beware of the local creeper plants as they will overwhelmed the whole structures if care is not taken to get rid of them sooner:biggrin:

ps: if the prison deparment come to visit, you'll be in serious troubles for overcrowding. I'm willing to help you though....just transfer half your prisoners to my place*biggrin2*

Vincent 17th September 2010 08:56 AM

lol, that is an excellent setup man!

NepNut 17th September 2010 04:01 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Teoh,
Thanks for the heads up, I did noticed that (creeper plants) starting to creep up the fences even before the place wasn't yet finished. I already sprayed herbicide on the outside of the fence to control the weeds... *biggrin2*

shawnintland 17th September 2010 11:18 PM

Lookin' great! Amazing how fast they fill up isn't it? Have you started clearing the land next door yet? It won't be long now and you'll be looking to expand! Greenhouse-itus is every bit as bad as CP-itus and there's no cure on the horizon!:tongue:
~Shawn

NepNut 17th September 2010 11:38 PM

Shawn, since you put it this way... I don't know whether to cry :crying: or to laugh *biggrin2*

hehehehe.....

funkychips 18th September 2010 06:41 AM

Robert, I vote for tills and Spanish moss, since you mention about not wanting any obstruction on the sunlight...for the shadier areas you could probably go for ferns like Platys and other exotic plants...just my thoughts..*biggrin2*

Alvin

NepNut 18th September 2010 01:42 PM

Hi Alvin,
Thanks for your suggestions. For tills I already consulted our tills sifu aka Andy, he mentioned my place might be too wet for them and I agreed.... too bad :crying:

I'm considering orchids and ferns now... perhaps making a "living wall" on the north and south facing fence would be nice too...*biggrin2*

Aarrrr so many things, so little time... :sweating: