Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Introduction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hi from Penang (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4693)

cowlat 15th December 2010 10:23 PM

Re: Hi from Penang

jusco got sell sphagnum moss and perlite?
how silly of me not to get it at flora fest when i bought the cp.*biggrin2* will go over this friday to get some. normally how much do they cost? expensive?:1thumbup:

Harris Azariel 15th December 2010 10:47 PM

i know most people recommend sphagnum moss.but im here to recommend you peat moss.peat moss and sphagnum moss is almost the same price at Jusco(RM3.90 per small bag) and sphagnny is kinda in small amount.you need to buy a lot if you using few pots.but if u just need a little,go ahead

second,sphagnum moss sometimes makes repotting hard as it sticks to the plants' roots and you might break a few strands of roots and it tend to grow algae more easily than on peat.

just go there and think wether you wanna buy peat or sphagnny.its all up to you :)

Happy growing!
HArris

cbkhoon 15th December 2010 11:18 PM

mix sphanum moss with perlite in around 1 :1 , then u wil get higher amount coz the perlite tends to make more space in between the moss.. and better airy media for CPs.. most CP like airy media for speedy growth

NepNut 15th December 2010 11:51 PM

Really "cowlat" liao.... *biggrin2*

We'll eventually have a talk when you found yourself strangely attracted to neps... heheheh*biggrin2*

cowlat 16th December 2010 10:06 AM

ok will go over to flora fest tomorrow to get some sphagnum moss and perlite:1thumbup:

lol...jit pai toh cow lat liao*biggrin2*

got question, i saw in many photo, people put a piece of paper or card in the pot. what is that for?

caseyhoo 16th December 2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowlat (Post 35037)
ok will go over to flora fest tomorrow to get some sphagnum moss and perlite:1thumbup:

lol...jit pai toh cow lat liao*biggrin2*

got question, i saw in many photo, people put a piece of paper or card in the pot. what is that for?

I think you refer to name tag. Normally, it is to write sp. name of the plant. You may write date of purchase/from who/seed sow date as well... Depends on personnal preference

cowlat 16th December 2010 11:56 AM

ooo...now i know...i thought it is for some special purpose. thank you:1thumbup:

cbkhoon 19th December 2010 06:01 PM

jit pai toh cow lat liao !!!! get ready to cow lat !!

cowlat 19th December 2010 10:21 PM

:laugh: cowlat liao...
got a packet of sphagnum moss already. perlite out of stock. can i go dig the sand from botanical garden and use it instead of perlite? what's the difference for perlite and river sand?

thank you

cbkhoon 19th December 2010 11:10 PM

i can get u a pack of 250g for RM6, u can then mix this with around 500g moss to make a lot of media.