Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   seed bank for petpitcher.net (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3068)

sooxiwei 10th October 2009 08:49 PM

Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

thanks for all the effort to let this happen, still looking for free time to post you my d. burmanii seeds, wonder how long can they last after harvesting

marvin1997 11th October 2009 09:27 AM

Hi David,sown the seed....they look so small like sand...Wow..Kinda hard to get hold of them.BTW thanks!

David 11th October 2009 10:22 AM

Marvin, you're talking about the D. burmanii seeds. Yes they are veery tiny. I have to hold my breath and switch off the fan when packing them or else they will all be blown away.

David 11th October 2009 10:56 AM

By the way, please note the announcement on the Seed Bank. Tks

David 15th December 2009 11:28 AM

Hi everyone! Just an update...

Todate, we have collected RM224.94 for the Seed Bank from seed requests and given out 87 packets of seeds. I have spent RM70.60 on postage and operation costs. This gives us a profit of RM154.34.

I will be keeping RM50.00 in the Seed Bank for postage and operation costs. So this means we have an excess of RM104.34 now.

This project is suggested by members and is solely depended on member's support in donation and seed request to make it work. Well done fellow CP buddies of PetPitcher.

Perhaps we can start looking around and decide on where to donate the excess funds. Please check around and suggest conservation groups or a conservation cause that we can donate the excess funds too. I propose that we make our first donation when we hit RM500.00 perhaps in another few months or would you guys like to donate each time we hit RM100, etc?

cbkhoon 15th December 2009 12:00 PM

good job David !

TS 15th December 2009 12:55 PM

:1thumbup::1thumbup::1thumbup:
On behalf of everyone, I would like to express our sincere appreciation to your contribution on the conservation of the CPs, really, thanks for all the efforts. And also not forgrtting to thank the admin members and all the members who made this happen (donation of seeds etc.) :1thumbup:
David, I think we make the donation for every RM500, that safe you some time & work. I think RM100 is abit too little for donation.

David 15th December 2009 05:41 PM

Yaa, it looks like RM500 would be just nice to start donating. If RM100, it will only be approximately USD$28.00. I actually did not expect that we could get profits so quickly. Thanks to members support.

So, any suggestions on conservation causes that we can support? I am so excited I just want to start sourcing around now... haaa, haaa., haa... RM500 is still quite a long way to go but it will not be if more members donate and buy seeds. :)

By the way, just to inform members, an updated set of profit and loss account, and transaction summary is presented to the Advisors and Admin Members on a monthly basis in the Advisor's Board for their inforamtion/review.

marvin1997 15th December 2009 05:59 PM

OMG david you got that much selling the seeds???Can't believe it xDDDD

allenphoon 25th March 2010 09:51 PM

Sorry for interrupt, why don't you use those money to buy other species of Carnivorous Plant so that there will be a lot of choices for every one to choose, by that way, a lot of people will be drawn to here for buying seeds.....

If so, i scared that many people will buy instead of donate....