Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Trading Board (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   WTS : Nepnut's Nep hybrid seeds (Made in Malaysia) ^_^ (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4454)

tanpan 28th December 2010 11:53 AM

Re: WTS : Nepnut's Nep hybrid seeds (Made in Malaysia) ^_^

wah!!! i 1 oso!

weeps 28th December 2010 09:53 PM

Haha,
you got free la, if I sapu all.

NepNut 28th December 2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeps (Post 35340)
*biggrin2* Don't sell to them.
Next time you come KL, I belanja you makan.:biggrin:

Wah... next time I go KL, you will kena belanja kau2.... *biggrin2**biggrin2**biggrin2*

paphioboy 28th December 2010 10:42 PM

Very interesting new hybrids... :) But I think I'll pass. The hybrid seeds with the boschiana female parent (x tiger striped peristome and x veitchii green) that I have sown have not germinated yet. Has anyone else's started to germinate already?

NepNut 28th December 2010 10:52 PM

Hi Cheah,
It's still too soon. It'll usually take 2-4 weeks (minimum). Pls don't throw it away even after 1 month...

I did stated that I'm not 100% sure if this batch of seeds will be viable as this is the first time I made the cross with this female (N. veitchii HL x boschiana). However, after observing the harvested seeds, I felt confident the seeds should be viable... :smile:

tanpan 29th December 2010 11:21 AM

paiseh get free.

allenphoon 29th December 2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 35368)
Hi Cheah,
It's still too soon. It'll usually take 2-4 weeks (minimum). Pls don't throw it away even after 1 month...

I did stated that I'm not 100% sure if this batch of seeds will be viable as this is the first time I made the cross with this female (N. veitchii HL x boschiana). However, after observing the harvested seeds, I felt confident the seeds should be viable... :smile:

i got faith that they will germinate for us, since most of the seeds look full and fat*biggrin2*
BTW, all of the seeds that you had sold us i have around 1-10 germinate for each of them, just the [N. (mirabilis var globosa x miranda) x boschiana] x boschiana have one germinated:crying:, except the newest batch:smile:

NepNut 29th December 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenphoon (Post 35373)
i got faith that they will germinate for us, since most of the seeds look full and fat*biggrin2*
BTW, all of the seeds that you had sold us i have around 1-10 germinate for each of them, just the [N. (mirabilis var globosa x miranda) x boschiana] x boschiana have one germinated:crying:, except the newest batch:smile:

Good to hear that Allen. :smile:

Please understand that the hybrids that I made are not your "typical" hybrids of globosa or tigers that is vigorous and robust (these hybrids already very common in Thailand and exported to overseas market). Since the parents I mainly use are N. boshchiana & N. veitchii (not considered as easy to grow species), it's not out of the possibility that those seeds out of these parents might not be as easy to grow and robust when you compared to hybrids involving parents like globosa, mirabilis, x kuchingensis and etc...

Just imagine if hybrids involving N. boschiana and N. veitchii are so easy to propagate and grow, they'll be very common amd cheap !! Instead what we saw coming out of Thailand are still mainly hybrids involving parents with raffs, mirabilis, globosa, various tigers, amps, x kuchingensis and other easy to grow nep species. Hence.... those are very common. So far, only a handful professional nurseries like Borneo Exotics, Exotica Plants and Witsuba have hybrids wiht N. boschiana and N. veitchii on their availability list and pricing is premium.

My intention is to create hybrids that are easier to grow in our tropical climate yet affortable and it's different from most nep hybrids coming out from Thailand. :smile:

Hopefully, we'll be able to see those seedlings in 1-2 years time.... Good luck to all and thanks to your continued support. :1thumbup:

allenphoon 29th December 2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 35376)
Good to hear that Allen. :smile:

Please understand that the hybrids that I made are not your "typical" hybrids of globosa or tigers that is vigorous and robust (these hybrids already very common in Thailand and exported to overseas market). Since the parents I mainly use are N. boshchiana & N. veitchii (not considered as easy to grow species), it's not out of the possibility that those seeds out of these parents might not be as easy to grow and robust when you compared to hybrids involving parents like globosa, mirabilis, x kuchingensis and etc...

Just imagine if hybrids involving N. boschiana and N. veitchii are so easy to propagate and grow, they'll be very common amd cheap !! Instead what we saw coming out of Thailand are still mainly hybrids involving parents with raffs, mirabilis, globosa, various tigers, amps, x kuchingensis and other easy to grow nep species. Hence.... those are very common. So far, only a handful professional nurseries like Borneo Exotics, Exotica Plants and Witsuba have hybrids wiht N. boschiana and N. veitchii on their availability list and pricing is premium.

My intention is to create hybrids that are easier to grow in our tropical climate yet affortable and it's different from most nep hybrids coming out from Thailand. :smile:

Hopefully, we'll be able to see those seedlings in 1-2 years time.... Good luck to all and thanks to your continued support. :1thumbup:

Thanks for you clarify, but i already aware about the risk for buying highland nepenthes seeds,although it is a mix of highland and lowland plant. Actually i did not imagine that some will germinate as i am trying to germinate them, but it still a good sign even though only one seedlings germinated and i did not blame you for the seeds, the only blame is on me as i did not provide suitable condition for them(maybe they are more to boschiana or veitchii side, thats why mine din germinate well) haha

caseyhoo 11th January 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 35054)
Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyhoo
For all seed from nepnut, only (N. mirabilis var globosa x miranda (Clone 1) ) x boschiana cannot make it... :(

For those germinate, please reserve 1 or 2 for me

Haiya.... how come arrr?? Don't worry... I got seeds for next batch of the same cross coming... *biggrin2*

If not, you wait one year then buy the plant @ RM80 la.... *biggrin2**biggrin2**biggrin2* just joking

I dont need to spent rm80!!! They are germinated!!! *biggrin2*

BTW, any news for new seeds? :shy: