Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   MAHA 2008 (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=990)

David 18th August 2008 03:02 PM

Re: MAHA 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarence (Post 2548)
Tip : next time want to take a good picture for evidence, the photographer gotta move faster.

Thanks for the tips Tarence :laugh: There's a lot for me to learn in photography. Will remember that you... errr... I mean "people" move very fast with an umbrella, so I've got to be faster to catch you... errr... sorry, slip again... "people" on camera...

Tarence 18th August 2008 04:05 PM

Most welcomed David *wink*

edmund83 18th August 2008 04:26 PM

hahaha you all two let me remind the scene that day.... :laugh::laugh:

alienfx 18th August 2008 06:02 PM

I actually did a course in um regarding this tissue culture.I did grow some plants in test tube but i forgot all about it.Cant even recall what i did but i did manage to grow some plants in test tube :1thumbup: hehehe..Not easy to create a sterile environment.Anything wrong we might be culturing some bacteria's.

holttumii 21st August 2008 01:28 AM

Just went to MAHA again this afternoon. Guess what? Both the long lost friends are back in YG after so many years, the Cephalotus and the S.Minor Hybrid. The Cephalotus just arrived yesterday. The stocks for both plants are limited, make sure you call them before you go. They also have new drosera, the D.Scorpiodes. They are mature plants and you can even see some producing gemmae.

Tarence 21st August 2008 09:33 AM

thx Liang. btw, we saw your details in the lil` book from YG so we know you went there before us. heheh.

aiyoo, s. minor hybrid ? is it the one which we already have ? the one from wilson ? if yes, i can save some money.

David 21st August 2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holttumii (Post 2674)
The Cephalotus just arrived yesterday... They also have new drosera, the D.Scorpiodes. They are mature plants and you can even see some producing gemmae.

The D. scorpiodes and cephalotus is very tempting. What's the price tag on the D. scorpiodes? Liang, do they have other Drosera or Pings there?

holttumii 21st August 2008 01:16 PM

Tarence, the one wilson has was also from YG a few years ago. I'm not sure if they are the same hybrid but it has more red veins than the previous X S. Minor. Hope this one will produce windows to show more S.Minor's characteristic.

David, the price for the D. scorpiodes is RM22. They do not have other drosera or Pings.

David 21st August 2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holttumii (Post 2690)
David, the price for the D. scorpiodes is RM22. They do not have other drosera or Pings.

Thanks for the info Liang.

Robert 21st August 2008 04:32 PM

All who visited must have an enjoyable time hunting for nice plants:laugh:

seem that every year August was the chosen month for horti and flora show. Over in kuching we have the Highlands flora show, though not alot of plants for sale but planted and blooming flowers to welcome visitors. It was an excelent place for landscape and flowers photography.