Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Sarracenia (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sarracenia bog!!! (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=2920)

marvin1997 24th August 2009 07:49 PM

Sarracenia bog!!!

6 Attachment(s)
Okay.....I bought a purpurea from new trio and plant my first sarra(hybrid between leuchophlla and purpurea) together and ............TADAA!My first bog was born!!!*biggrin2*:wub::wub::wub:
Attachment 2211

Attachment 2212

Attachment 2213

Attachment 2214

Attachment 2215

Attachment 2216
There's still space here.....What should I put??:confused:Anyone has any idea?

caseyhoo 24th August 2009 09:04 PM

Re: Sarracenia bog!!!

That is good start.

BTW, that is S. metchelliana and the others 1 is suppose is S. stevensii

marvin1997 24th August 2009 10:24 PM

Sure?I'll change the name in my grow list.But what should I put there?The space?What about my Ping?

caseyhoo 24th August 2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 19826)
Sure?I'll change the name in my grow list.But what should I put there?The space?What about my Ping?

S. metchelliana is 99% sure and the others 1 is suppose is S. stevensii as mentioned. Both plant are from YG Park.

marvin1997 25th August 2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyhoo (Post 19827)
S. metchelliana is 99% sure and the others 1 is suppose is S. stevensii as mentioned. Both plant are from YG Park.

Right!!Then thats right.Thanks!Finally got them ID:laugh:

marvin1997 28th August 2009 10:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It's flowering after putting it in the bog!!!YAY!!!!Can anyone tell me how do they pollinte?:sweating:I'll get some seeds*biggrin2**biggrin2*
Attachment 2227

Attachment 2228

Attachment 2229

Attachment 2230

Attachment 2231

caseyhoo 29th August 2009 12:13 PM

There is a post in forum regarding how to pollinte sarracenia... Check it out!!!

arvin555 29th August 2009 01:47 PM

If you can't see any other sarracenia in your collection that is flowering at the same time, then please try to do manual pollenation with the same flower. Please search for the topic in the forum, sorry no time to do it for you, but I posted a few times in there as I tried it myself, I got some seeds from the effort after 4 months or so, you just have to wait. However I have not had any germination yet from those seeds though, so not sure really if it worked, still I got seeds. I heard that Sarras are CPs that do not really get bothered by flowering, unlike other CPs. So go for it.

have fun!
TTFN
Arvin

strath76 30th August 2009 11:32 AM

Hi Marvin, why not try a Drosera to fill in the gaps. As for pollination it is quite easy to do but you get teh best result if you can get pollen from another plant. It is possible with just the one flower but the seedlings tend to be a little weaker and the germination rate is lower. Cheers.

Aliamyz 30th August 2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strath76 (Post 19973)
Hi Marvin, why not try a Drosera to fill in the gaps. As for pollination it is quite easy to do but you get teh best result if you can get pollen from another plant. It is possible with just the one flower but the seedlings tend to be a little weaker and the germination rate is lower. Cheers.

Drosera and vft grow well together wil sarra.BTW,congrates for your new addition.:1thumbup: