Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   PetPitcher T-shirt Design Competition Poll (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1396)

David 21st October 2008 10:23 AM

PetPitcher T-shirt Design Competition Poll

4 Attachment(s)
This poll will be carried out to determine the best artwork for the t-shirt. However, judges will have the final say on which artwork is most suitable for T shirts and not necessary entry with most votes. The original thread is here.

Each forum member who is registered before 22 October 2008 is entitled 1 (one) vote.

This Poll will be held from 21 October 2008 to 26 October 2008.

Design 1
Attachment 488

Design 2
Attachment 496

Design 3
Attachment 497

shawnintland 21st October 2008 11:07 AM

Re: PetPitcher T-shirt Design Competition Pool

#1, but how do we explain that it's not JUST Malaysia?

harlem2347 21st October 2008 11:56 AM

:smile: Ya..agree with shawn…need to show that this for whole the world…
Maybe the picture can make bigger..because I feel too small and not clear…like that design 3, it show nice picture….just small opinion…:tongue:

arvin555 21st October 2008 01:21 PM

Oh no, I am sorry to be posting this but:

1. I agree though it is the first Malaysian CP community, it has grown to be more than that, it is an international community already :)

2. I like both 1 and 3, but as I said no. 1 is too specific, and no. 3 the font of the URL is a bit, how can I say.... "clean" maybe using the same font as the banner that David made might work.

But the problem is, I'm giving feedback or comments to artwork of members, so I apologise, I am not good at design myself, good at just giving feedback so please don't be angry.

One thing is for sure, I will be ordering some Shirts :)

TTFN
Arvin

David 21st October 2008 01:29 PM

Thanks for the coments everyone. Good point that all of you have brought up. Don't worry so much about the text. Vote base on the design. We'll most probably remove that text, "Malaysia's first carnivorous plant forum" or "The first carnivorous plant community in Malaysia" or change it to something else.

Imagine that the text is something like, "Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants" or Forum on the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants"... etc.

I am glad that there is feedback from all of you. It shows there's still interests in this project. :) continue to give your coments and after the competition before we print the t-shirts, we'll look through all the coments and incorporate into the design before printing. Does this sound good to everyone? :)

Tarence 21st October 2008 03:34 PM

Re: PetPitcher T-shirt Design Competition Poll

i like design no 3...........but like Arvin, would prefer a more relaxed font like Comic sans...

where do i sign up to purchase a `T` ? btw, an office mate knows a t-shirt printer who can do seamless `T`s and the cotton used is pretty good as well.

We used them for our Treasure hunt contest last year....gotta find out the cost but it also depends on volume of course.

jeff1u 21st October 2008 04:27 PM

I am kind of love design 2. Very colorful.
For the back of the t-shirt

David 21st October 2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarence (Post 5984)
where do i sign up to purchase a `T` ? btw, an office mate knows a t-shirt printer who can do seamless `T`s and the cotton used is pretty good as well.

Tarence,

Either Ban Aik or me will create another thread after the voting period (this Saturday) for members to indicate their interest in buying the t-shirts. This would be good so that Ban Aik can estimate how much to order. I think this is important as he is coming up with the money first to pay the supplier.

Ban Aik is liasing with suppliers on the fabricating and printing of the t-shirts. It's best to check with him on your supplier.

bactrus 21st October 2008 05:41 PM

I have liase with many suppliers. Too many clothing jargons used and is driving me nuts!! All I know about shirt is cotton or poloester or mix, color, patterned or plain. This is a learning experience for me but rest assured those I have liase with are my member's member, thru referrals. If any of you have suggestions, please let me know.

This is all I have got, material, collared, base colour and how many colours the design will have.

I'll set up the thread later as there are only 7 votes.

David 21st October 2008 05:42 PM

Ok, I think I'll just start the thread now to see who is interested to buy. do not worry, we'll let you know the price later when the design and costing are confirmed.