Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fish Pellets for my neps (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1299)

kentosaurs 9th November 2008 10:01 PM

Re: Fish Pellets for my neps

Hi Marigold

Yeah my plants did actually had a little growth spurt but not much so far the pitchers still developing not yet getting to giant size yet will tell how big they get hahahah.

Ken

Marigoldsfail21 10th November 2008 07:57 AM

Well I just threw some into my plants' pitchers. I'll wait and see if there's any increase of growth.

Marigoldsfail21 7th December 2008 03:43 AM

Unfortunatly the pellets molded pretty easily. It does look like it's given them a bit of a boost though.

kentosaurs 7th December 2008 09:39 AM

Well same as mine

Ken

Cindy 8th December 2008 03:27 PM

Do remember that fertilising, whether into the pitchers or onto the plants, require bright light to good effect. So always fertilise during the sunny season when the plant can utilise the excess nutrients given. :smile:

kentosaurs 11th December 2008 10:50 PM

Hi

My balcony definitly recives more light then ever nowadays.....................Somethings somehow happened to my neps which is miranda recently.....A couple of pitchers dried up which i suspect because of the pellets......BUT!.......The newer pitchers are always bigger.......So i'm not sure if its just the plant loosing its pitchers cos its old or anything...

Ken

Aliamyz 12th December 2008 10:29 AM

If you feed it too much then the pitcher will dry up Ken.My plants are almost tripling in size an d still getting bigger.;)

alienfx 12th December 2008 10:30 AM

Well, my suggestion is have around 2 plants of the same species to make a comparison.1 plant with food given and another plant find food for its own.From this we can be sure the providing food for neps really helps or not.Why im saying this is because its normal for the next pitcher to be bigger then previous pitcher.

From my experiance if the pitcher not given any food,it will last a very long time.Empty pitcher can last very long time.If i give it food,the pitcher wont last as long.

kentosaurs 12th December 2008 10:43 AM

Hi Ali

Yep agreed with you..........Those pitchers that i fed were not that old maybe a couple of months to a year............I guess what i thought will nvr happen came true which is overfeeding my neps while they are already getting all they're nutrients from a whole colony/swarm of ants...

Ken

Cindy 12th December 2008 11:32 AM

Tip: Always feed the oldest or half-brown pitchers. ;)