Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   April fools?? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=10001)

NepNut 7th April 2011 09:13 PM

Re: April fools??

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentosaurs (Post 44795)
Wah nice plants :) Was just thinking bout getting that (ven x sibu) x truncata....Easy to grow or not? Either this or truncata x (truncata x densiflora) :laugh:

Thanks Kenneth. For me, (vent x sibu) x truncata is growing steadily, I guess anything with (vent x sibu) should be quite adaptable to our LL tropical weather but this doesn't mean every seed grown hybrids from this cross will be as adaptable though....

kentosaurs 7th April 2011 10:38 PM

I see....Anyway ordered that for the group purchase by fauzi already :) Shall give it a try...

kevyn chan 7th April 2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 44821)
Thanks for the correction... :shy:

Come to think of it, I never posted any N. x bauensis before... :smile:

Hahahhaha...maybe its because of the gracilis parentage and we tend to ignore them..but looking at the nicely striped peristome...am tempted to get one too! Hehehhee

caseyhoo 7th April 2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevyn chan (Post 44830)
Hahahhaha...maybe its because of the gracilis parentage and we tend to ignore them..but looking at the nicely striped peristome...am tempted to get one too! Hehehhee

Agreed with that. Im addicted with that as well...

NepNut 8th April 2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentosaurs (Post 44828)
I see....Anyway ordered that for the group purchase by fauzi already :) Shall give it a try...

Good to hear that, please keep us updated on it's progress :smile:

NepNut 8th April 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyhoo (Post 44832)
Agreed with that. Im addicted with that as well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevyn chan (Post 44830)

Hahaha... maybe... *biggrin2*

However, I think of all the natural hybrids of N. gracilis (as much as I managed to collect), this is probably the most finicky N. gracilis hybrid... likely a trait inherited from N. northiana... :sweating:

kevyn chan 8th April 2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NepNut (Post 44885)
Hahaha... maybe... *biggrin2*

However, I think of all the natural hybrids of N. gracilis (as much as I managed to collect), this is probably the most finicky N. gracilis hybrid... likely a trait inherited from N. northiana... :sweating:

yes, i and why i said so is because the pitcher's shape, peristome and lid tends to be more like a gracilis and the other parent's trait...however your n x bauensis carries n. northiana's peristome...:1thumbup:

edwardyeeks 8th April 2011 07:59 PM

Just get N. northiana *biggrin2* but still, the bauensis is a nice little plant. Is it vigorous growing like gracilis? :smile:

NepNut 8th April 2011 11:11 PM

I think Kevyn must already got N. northiana ... *biggrin2* He's looking for excuses to get more new neps... *biggrin2*

I would say N. x bauensis is much easier to grow if compared to pure N. northiana. However it's not as vigorous like pure gracilis and other natural gracilis hybrids.

paphioboy 9th April 2011 10:08 AM

very nice to have you back, nepnut... :) northiana is my favourite... bauensis is new to me. does it grow big pitchers like northiana too? Maybe someone can make a cross of bauensis and northiana to create faster growing northiana-like hybrids... ;)