Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   seed bank for petpitcher.net (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3068)

David 29th June 2010 11:13 AM

Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

I am always open to the idea of members coming forward to volunteer themselves to help run the forum or take over the running of the seed bank.

Previously I have discussed with the Admin members and Advisors on spliting the seed bank into a few parts, meaning we have a few Seed Bank Managers and each of them handles a specific genus or category like such:

- Pitfall Trap 1 (Tropical Pitcher Plants)
- Pitfall Trap 2 (Others)
- Fly Paper Trap (Drosera, Pinguicula, Byblis)
- Bear Trap + Misc CPs (Dionaea muscipula + etc)

This way the workload is shared by 4 Seed Bank Managers and is not so time consuming on each Manager. However, the problem is gettinig members to volunteer... and I do not blame members if they do not volunteer. It takes alot of time and effort and this is only a volunteer work. Therefore if members do this, it has to be for the promotion of CPs and the benefit of members.

The members who volunteer for this will need to be more senior members and trustworthy. The Admin members and Advisors will need to agree before members are elected.

LJ_Tan 29th June 2010 11:35 AM

Dear David,

This is a good idea. Thank

cbkhoon 29th June 2010 12:10 PM

waiting for good news !!!

allenphoon 29th June 2010 09:49 PM

nice!!! thanks david

Angkau Tekor 30th June 2010 01:11 AM

Great..Kudos to you, David.:1thumbup:

korinthos 20th December 2010 08:04 PM

Just wanted to knowbif te seed bank will be reopening soon if I get any seed I'd love to be able to let others have some *biggrin2*

allenphoon 20th December 2010 11:35 PM

well, you can send the seeds to one of us and let the volunteer to dispatch it, i sure more and more will going to volunteer themselves

sooxiwei 21st December 2010 12:46 AM

it's still better if those who want to donate seed to send the seeds directly to those who request for seeds instead of going through middle person to take care, because it will definitely affect the freshness of the seeds, moreover most of the forumers here are malaysian(tropical country), by letting the seeds go through 2 rounds of shipping under the horribly hot weather does not help either...restarting the whole seed bank program need volunteers who can put in the effort to help out on match making or to be middle person to take care of whatever is donated if applicable...

or perhaps any one who want to restart the program put your name on the list and try to sort out or discuss about whatever issues that need to be addressed?

Fluerheal 5th January 2011 07:52 PM

Who admin?

David 25th February 2011 09:56 AM

Re: Seed Bank Donation

3 Attachment(s)
Dear members,

The profits from the Seed Bank for the duration of time it was operational is RM407.34. I am please to announce that RM410 has been donated to Malaysian Nature Society. Below is a copy of the receipt and letter of acknowledgement. Thank you to members of PetPitcher for supporting this project. I am happy that we have contributed to the conservation of flora and fauna in Malaysia.

Attachment 4485

Attachment 4484

Attachment 4483