Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Just shaing pictures of my plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1420)

kentosaurs 25th October 2008 04:12 PM

Just shaing pictures of my plants

Hi David

Nice neps my fav is your N rafflesiana x veitchii and also your N rafflesiana.All your plants in your balcony receive direct sunlight????Or dappled a little???

Ken

David 25th October 2008 04:14 PM

Just sharing pictures of my plants

15 Attachment(s)
Just took some shots of my plants today. Just some good old common species that most of you have.

N. rafflesiana x veitchii
Attachment 531

N. bicalcarata (Marudi)
Attachment 532

N. rafflesiana
Attachment 533

N. mirabilis var echinostoma new pitcher opening...
Attachment 534

N. mirabilis x thorelii
Attachment 535

Got this from Sungi buloh. Never really knew what it was. My guess is N. fusca or some fusca hybrid.
Attachment 536

N. gracilis (maroon)... but with the sunlight it looks like red
Attachment 537

Typical N. ampullaria (green speckle)
Attachment 538

Beneath the lid of N. truncata...

Attachment 539

Attachment 540

N. miranda upper pitcher
Attachment 541

N. mirabilis (stout)
Attachment 542

N. longifolia
Attachment 543

N. gracilis x ampullaria
Attachment 544

N. xcoccenia (red pitchers)
Attachment 545

David 25th October 2008 04:18 PM

Re: Just sharing pictures of my plants

Opps! After I merge 2 of my posts, Kent's comments went above....

David 25th October 2008 04:20 PM

Re: Just shaing pictures of my plants

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentosaurs (Post 6272)
Hi David

Nice neps my fav is your N rafflesiana x veitchii and also your N rafflesiana.All your plants in your balcony receive direct sunlight????Or dappled a little???

Ken

Thanks Ken,

These plants are grown in the garden just beside the car porch exposed to rain and direct sunlight with just a little dapple shade from other plants in the garden.

kentosaurs 25th October 2008 04:26 PM

Hi David

OoOoO i didn't pay much attention on the background surrounding.Now that i've looked at it definitly at on a garden.You tied some strings around the garden???Or was it already there so good that you can grow so many plants without people stealing them.My house condo also has a garden beside the visiters parking i wanted to put some neps there or at least thinking bout putting some there once i get many neps for now my rack has enough space.I scared uncivilised people steal hahaha.

I didn't know you were still uploading pictures so thats why i comment.Since now you're done uploading(i think) i like the N miranda upper the most because of the contrast between the pitcher and the peristrome.

Ken

David 25th October 2008 04:55 PM

Ken,

My neps are grown in my parents place (Landed property). They do not do so well in my apartment because the sun shift after a couple of months. I dare not grow them at the car park. They will be stolen or abused... curious fingers poking at the traps etc. Not gonna risk that with my little "pets" or shall I say other babies.

kentosaurs 25th October 2008 05:04 PM

Hi David

I see i forgot i actually saw somewhere in the forum where you stated where you had some neps at your parents house.I think it was where you said your dad gave away your N sumatrana to somebody else...must be a heartache....if im not wrong about it.

I'm always worried to grow those neps at the garden just right under my house.But maybe one day i'll try out maybe in a few years where my collection has already grown to monster size and when i can afford to loose some common neps maybe like a N ventrata or something.

Ken

Aliamyz 25th October 2008 05:39 PM

Ken,
People won't steal common colourless ventrata but the colourful ones which you will be having in a few years to come.

David,
Nice plants.That's a fusca x maxima hybrid ;)
Love your rafflesiana x veitchii.Hope mine get as big as yours too.

Thanx for sharing!

Jonathan 25th October 2008 05:59 PM

Hey Bro...

Weeeeee i love your N. longifolia so cute and i have been hunting it for year one plus already but sadly never had any luck... T_T

Wow... it's good to see all your neps are loving their new home and you must be very happy to visit your "babies" since you have not seen them for so long... Beautiful plant and great picture... thanks for sharing bro...

Regards
Jonathan

kentosaurs 25th October 2008 06:53 PM

LOL i just realised that when i looked at the nepenthes section...is shows that i started this thread lol

Ken