Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My nep collections....part 1 (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=2165)

zulteh279 2nd April 2009 09:03 PM

My nep collections....part 1

9 Attachment(s)
Hello CP lover...hope that you all enjoy viewing my pic of nep collection.This pic was taken last year 2008.I'll post my latest nep pic if i got the time to take the pic...Till then,happy viewing:2thumbup:

N.maxima
Attachment 1395
N.maxima lower pitcher
Attachment 1396
more of the lower pitcher
Attachment 1397
the upper pitcher
Attachment 1398
N.ventricosa
Attachment 1399
the deep red coloured pitcher of N.ventricosa
Attachment 1400
more N.ventricosa
Attachment 1401
N.trucanta
Attachment 1402
N.mirabilis
Attachment 1403

Pananep 2nd April 2009 10:39 PM

Re: My nep collections....part 1

Hey there zulteh279,

That is a really nice plant collection and grow area you have there. I hope someday I am able to have a large grow area like that so I can fit many more plants. I think that your N. maxima is actually N. 'Miranda' and your N. ventricosa is actually N. 'Ventrata'. Anyways, nice pictures and nice plants!

Pananep

shawnintland 2nd April 2009 11:02 PM

Yep, nice looking plants you have there! I had the same thought on the names, lets see what Pananep says! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has truncata's in a hot environment...I get the same thing - 1-2 really nice pitchers and all the rest half-dried up! The new automated misting system just went online this week, so I'll see if that makes any difference!

*biggrin2*

zulteh279 3rd April 2009 12:15 AM

Hello Pananep,thanks for the infomation about the names of my nep...actually,i bought both the plants at my local nursery and the seller don't know the sci.names of the plant,so i just browse all nep pic on the web to find the most identical nep plant to what i'm groing.hehehe....lucky for me to finally know the real names of my nep plants.thanks again Pananep.

Hello Shawnintland...yup!is good to know that you are not the only one that has truncata growing in a hot enviroment...but i do not have a misting system installed.i just manually spray my plants using a garden host.

SirKristoff 3rd April 2009 02:10 AM

Yes i also believe the maxima is really N. x Miranda and the ventricosa is really N. x Ventrata. nice plants though :)

kentosaurs 3rd April 2009 10:55 AM

Hi Zul

Nice plants.....And like everyone says i definitly agree with the corrected

plantlover 3rd April 2009 03:14 PM

The maxima is really Miranda and the ventricosa is really ventrata like the other members have said. BTW Ken, are you repeatly posting to make your no. of posts a multiple of 5?

Aliamyz 3rd April 2009 10:18 PM

Nice big, healthy plants you have there Zulteh.

Pananep 3rd April 2009 11:00 PM

I have an N. truncata 'pasian highland' growing in a hot environment and it is growing well. However, like Shawn stated, it always has 1-2 healthy pitchers and all the rest have already started to dry up or have begun the wilting process. It also lacks the intense red coloration on the pitchers like I have seen in pictures of other highland truncatas, but this could also be attributed to the fact that it is still a young plant. It is however growing well and getting bigger and bigger with every leaf and pitcher. I could be wrong, but for some reason the truncata pictures and actual plants I have seen never have a numerous array of healthy pitchers, just 1-3 and the rest have begun to dry. The pitchers do last a long time however, and this might also be attributed to the fact that truncata grows sowly and it puts a lot of energy into making each massive pitcher. Perhaps it does not need more than 1-3 at a time. I would love to hear other peoples opinions and experiences with truncata to see if this is in fact a normal habit of the plant.

Take care everyone, later.....

Aliamyz 4th April 2009 09:09 PM

Pananep,

It is normal for truncatas to have 1 - 2 pitchers each time.The other pitchers will dry up no matter what you do but however if you want them to dry slowly,try avoiding feeding them.

Hope this helps.