Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   COMPETITION: CP Car Windscreen Sticker Tags (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=2285)

David 30th April 2009 06:52 PM

COMPETITION: CP Car Windscreen Sticker Tags

Dear members,

Chia aka coke suggested that we run a competition to print car windscreen sticker tags to help promote the forum and carnivorous plants. This competition is for the text on the sticker tags. Chia works for a production house and he has offered to print these for us at cost. Thanks Chia!

So! Calling all copywriters, editors, rooky writers or writer wanabe, anybody and everybody, etc. This is your chance to show off your creative writing skills. The best texts will be printed on the carnivorous plant car windscreen sticker tags together with PetPitcher URL.

What's in it for you if your text is selected?

- Free carnivorous plant car windscreen sticker tags
- The knowledge that you have great writing skills
- Have a sense of achievement and group cohesiveness
- Most of all, your text will be printed and place on wheels all over town
- Your name will be printed on the tag as well

Rules and Regulations:

1. This competition is open to all members of PetPitcher

2. Multiple entries are welcome

3. Text shall not be more than 6 words.

4. Text must be related to carnivorous plants or cp enthusiasts

5. All entries must be original ideas. PetPitcher shall not be liable if the text is found to be copied from another sources

6. All entries must be submitted before 9 May 2009, 12.00am.

7. A poll shall be carried out (10-12 May 2009) to determine member's preference. However, the final decision lies with the Administrator in consultation with the Administrative members.

8. Member eligibility to vote: Only those whose membership registration date on PetPitcher is before 30 April 2009, 5.45pm can vote in the poll.

9. All text entries will become the property of PetPitcher and its Administrator together with rights to use.

10. All entries must be submitted to David (Administrator) via PM (Personal Message) an not on the forum or in this thread.

David 4th May 2009 03:50 PM

Re: COMPETITION: CP Car Windscreen Sticker Tags

Ok, some text came in already....

1) Carnivorous Plant Keeper On The Board

2) Go Green.. Go Plant..Go Carnivorous Plant!

3) We :wub: Carnivorous Plant. Do YOU?

4) Care Planet ...? why not Carnivorous Plant

5) Carnivorous Plants

6) Feed me... Feed me... (picture of VFT)

David 13th May 2009 10:50 AM

Thanks for voting in the poll thread for this. Will let all of you know when the tags are printed.

David 11th June 2009 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok. Alas! I have ready 2 designs for the sticker tags. I prefer the second design. Not so cartoonish compared to the first one. What do you guys think?

Attachment 1692

Attachment 1693

kentosaurs 11th June 2009 12:03 PM

Well agreed the 2nd one looks better

plantlover 11th June 2009 02:29 PM

The second picture is better. Looks cute.

atmccmn 11th June 2009 11:08 PM

Me on the other hand like the first one. I find it's more friendly and approachable due the rounded edge fonts. It looks more dynamic and noticeable with light green background and orange shadow behind the lettering. Just my thought.:2thumbup:

arvin555 11th June 2009 11:44 PM

I agree, I like the font used on the 1st one, but the 2nd one looks nice color wise.... so if we can come up with a 3rd option of having the font of the 1st incorporated in the 2nd :)

TTFN
Arvin

nickjamie 12th June 2009 12:11 AM

the first bright green one is more vibrant, and can attract more attention compared to the second one. i think its okay if it looks cartoon-ish.

the first one will definitely get heads turning and looking when we're on the road, compared to the duller second one.

funkychips 12th June 2009 12:22 AM

I prefer the first one David. It's more eye-catching and the letters make it look children-friendly too!:laugh: And also, if possible, the end of the caption 'feed me, feed me...' can be edited into 'feed me! feed me!' to give it a more exciting feel. My two cents....

Alvin