Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Liquid fertilizer for Nepenthes? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=707)

caseyhoo 2nd July 2008 01:56 PM

Liquid fertilizer for Nepenthes?

My house have orchids and it occupied most of my garden space. And sometime, we spray liquid fertilizer. May I know can I keep nepenthes within those orchids? In the others word, liquid fert will affect my N.? Now, I just have a ampularia.

I can move my nepenthes to somewhere else when I spray liquid fert.... But, what if I have few of them in future:wub:, toublesome:bored::bored:.

Thanx...

If it didnt affect my nepenthes if spray a bit of fertilizer, then, you all will have a new nepenthes friend soon.

hongrui 2nd July 2008 09:52 PM

Re: Liquid fertilizer for Nepenthes?

Casey, how often do you apply fertilizer to your orchids? if its like just once a week or less frequently, then it should not affect your nep negatively.

caseyhoo 3rd July 2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongrui (Post 857)
Casey, how often do you apply fertilizer to your orchids? if its like just once a week or less frequently, then it should not affect your nep negatively.

I apply fertilizer twice/once a week and fertilizer that I used to mixed with water is half or less of the dosage suggested in the instruction.

undentified 3rd July 2008 10:16 PM

i use fertilizers on my neps before but it is in dilute form. it effect the plant positively but i only use it on miranda and ventrata coz i don dare to test on other plant. not sure bout the other neps.

phissionkorps 4th July 2008 05:47 PM

Foliar feeding of Nepenthes does almost absolutely nothing, so you should be fine. What kind of fertilizer is it? If it is inorganic, I would avoid letting it get on the soil though since you're fertilizing once or twice a week.

plantlover 4th July 2008 08:53 PM

I sometimes spray my ventrata. Don't dare to try on Miranda.

Aliamyz 5th July 2008 11:25 PM

Why are you fertilizering your nepenthes anyway,everyone?

phissionkorps 6th July 2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Why are you fertilizering your nepenthes anyway,everyone?
Better color, bigger pitchers, quicker and more robust growth.

caseyhoo 6th July 2008 05:36 AM

The fertilzer that im using is in-organic.

So, miranda and ventrata can tolerant with fertilizer,,, Cool...

Aliamyz 6th July 2008 03:51 PM

What type of fertelizer.?What brand?