Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Projects (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   seed bank for petpitcher.net (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=3068)

strath76 24th September 2009 02:46 PM

Re: seed bank for petpitcher.net

Before we get too carried away someone has to be responsible for maintaining the seed bank. Please be aware that whoever it is should be in for at least a couple of years of work to get it off the ground. It would be a little difficult to have the seed bank changing hands too often due to the fact that the users/members of the forum are decentralized.

David 24th September 2009 03:44 PM

I have moved this thread here as it is more applicable to this board/category.

Back to the seedbank...

I think I am crazy but I'll do it!

I'll can also come up with a draft of the Terms and Conditions from what we discuss here. Once it is done and everyone agrees with it, we can start enjoying the benefits of the seedbank.

Unless, you guys think otherwise or have a better idea, I'll create a specific board or webpage for this to list the available seeds real time. The accounts will be kept since money is collected and used.

David 24th September 2009 04:10 PM

I'll discuss with the Administrative Members and Advisors on this and get back to all of you.

cbkhoon 24th September 2009 04:17 PM

we may start drafting the term and conditions.. i think suggestions are welcomed but the admin should have the sole right to decide in the final version of term and conditions.

sooxiwei 25th September 2009 12:03 AM

why not do the same thing for pollen as well?:smile:

marvin1997 25th September 2009 09:52 AM

Oh..late...Wouldn't be petpitcher's own shop better?y'know...we can always buy those media and stuff........and get it quickly!

David 25th September 2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin1997 (Post 20875)
Oh..late...Wouldn't be petpitcher's own shop better?y'know...we can always buy those media and stuff........and get it quickly!

Not sure what you mean here. Can you explain please.

marvin1997 25th September 2009 11:20 AM

An online shop!Some forum has them....er like terraforum.Then the members can buy from the shop and they get their orders quickly.Or some other member in the forum couldn't go other place to get what they want they can simply order from the shop.

strath76 25th September 2009 02:16 PM

Terraforum is actually run by the shop. The shop happened first and the forum is a good way to promote the shop.

The trouble with an online store is that it increases the time and space needed to operate. You would need to stock items and bags of peat and sphagnum take a lot of room. You also need the capital to buy the stock initially. I don't think this is viable inline with the seedbank. This would be a totally different proposition.

marvin1997 25th September 2009 02:35 PM

Okay :)