Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My 'minibog' (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1567)

plantlover 19th November 2008 04:07 PM

My 'minibog'

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my 'mini-bog'. Its actually just a long pot with lots of plants. What is in the pot are:
  1. S. x chelsonii
  2. A heavily infected S. x stevensii that has just been treated.
  3. D. burmanii
  4. D. intermedia 'Great Swamp'
  5. N. x ventrata
  6. P. primuliflora
  7. D. muscipula 'Green'
  8. D. adelae
  9. Life Sphagnum Moss
I know some plants are tropical. I did in on purpose to see what will be the results.

edwardyeeks 19th November 2008 05:15 PM

Re: My 'minibog'

That is sure one sad stevensii........did you put ALL the live sphagnum moss that Fauzi gave you in that minibog??

Cheers

plantlover 19th November 2008 07:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No only 2 small piece of Live sphagnum. Here's what it looks like now after rearranging and adding more plants.

kentosaurs 19th November 2008 08:25 PM

Very inovative....hehehe...

Ken

edwardyeeks 19th November 2008 08:36 PM

Not, bad.......like your setup. Why would you wanna grow neps with other CPs? It is kinda weird, seeing them together, plus, each CPs have different soil requirements.

Cheers

plantlover 19th November 2008 09:52 PM

But I grow all my CPs in sphagnum. Only the ceph use perlite. I added purpurea to the minibog.(I accidentally break of a part of my purpurea. It has one long strand of root.)

edwardyeeks 19th November 2008 09:57 PM

Well, nepenthes needs a different watering technic compared to the other CPs that you grow. Does your minibog have drainage holes?

Cheers

plantlover 19th November 2008 10:03 PM

It has a plug in the bottom. the pot I bought was designed for 2 uses. If I remove the plug then I can grow like normal plants. If I insert the plug I can grow them hydroponically. Right now I insert the plug. Down there theres a layer of shallow water. I planted the nep higher than the other plants so it won't keep on touching the water. I can remove the plug too. Some of my sarra and VFT I don't use water tray.

edwardyeeks 19th November 2008 10:11 PM

Neps need well drained soil to keep the roots from rotting. Growing neps there for a short while is ok but in long term the neps roots will grow and hit the bottom.

Cheers

plantlover 19th November 2008 10:23 PM

Never mind one-lah. Still unrooted cutting. I'll remove the plug later. I've got a habit of top watering my plants, even sundews.