Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Introduction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hi from Penang (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=4693)

cowlat 15th December 2010 08:50 AM

Re: Hi from Penang

oh..so will only flower once. means have to keep the seeds or germinate it to get a new drosera:biggrin: if we cut the flower stalk, and cucuk back to the media, will it grow new drosera?*biggrin2*
i read up on fly trap and the leaf pulling seems quite troublesome. have to take the whole plant out and pull the leaf then plant it back.

yeah..cowlat liao this time? nep is monkey cup?

caseyhoo 15th December 2010 11:06 AM

At tropical country. D. burmanii will not die after it produce flower, just stress and weak. Unless, the plant is not healthy and flowering may causing it die.

I never try flower stalk of burmanii. not sure wheather it will produce plantlet or not.

Nep = Nepenthes = monkey cup = periuk kera.

Harris Azariel 15th December 2010 12:00 PM

even if your burmannii died,no worries.in 4-5months after germination,the plant is already mature and ready to flower and sometimes in quite a size too!

Angkau Tekor 15th December 2010 12:28 PM

Hahaha...welcome to PP cowlat. You sure will kena kaw kaw here...with all the poison around. By the time you realised it, you are already in too deep.*biggrin2*

cowlat 15th December 2010 04:39 PM

ahah...have to control...will stick to these 2 pots for many months though. the most is 2pots and a tray. will germinate the seeds of D. intermedia cuba. hopefully it is successful:biggrin:

caseyhoo 15th December 2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowlat (Post 35005)
ahah...have to control...will stick to these 2 pots for many months though. the most is 2pots and a tray. will germinate the seeds of D. intermedia cuba. hopefully it is successful:biggrin:

You will have D. burmanii, D. filiformis seeds as well. Lets see what seeds is available when I got yours evelope.
:1thumbup:

cbkhoon 15th December 2010 07:23 PM

mr. cowlat... which area u stay ? which CP u have currently ? i am from pg too

cowlat 15th December 2010 09:45 PM

thanks casey. i have prepare the envelope. hehe. will post tomorrow. so anxious to start sowing the seeds:1thumbup:

cbkhoon, can call me charles*biggrin2* i'm staying at gurney drive area. i have drosera brumani and vft right now. will start to germinate the seeds from casey once arrived.

penang hobbist, where do you get sphagnum moss and perlite? good and cheap? comeon...give me more advise..on where to buy, what is good price and what else i should prepare like accessories for this.

one question. do we need to follow the 4 season for planting? means have to wait for spring to plant and winter it will go dormant?:spinning:

thank you

allenphoon 15th December 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowlat (Post 35015)
thanks casey. i have prepare the envelope. hehe. will post tomorrow. so anxious to start sowing the seeds:1thumbup:

cbkhoon, can call me charles*biggrin2* i'm staying at gurney drive area. i have drosera brumani and vft right now. will start to germinate the seeds from casey once arrived.

penang hobbist, where do you get sphagnum moss and perlite? good and cheap? comeon...give me more advise..on where to buy, what is good price and what else i should prepare like accessories for this.

one question. do we need to follow the 4 season for planting? means have to wait for spring to plant and winter it will go dormant?:spinning:

thank you

lol....*biggrin2*

but you can follow the season IF our country have four season instead of monsoon season, haha, WELCOME

tzestan 15th December 2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowlat (Post 35015)
penang hobbist, where do you get sphagnum moss and perlite? good and cheap?

I see most average size nurseries have those. Jusco also has.
Not sure about good and cheap though...:) Surely many are selling during the floral fest. Didn't stock up some?

Most CPs grow slowly. While waiting for them to grow, you'll start buying one after another... that's how everyone got stuck...