Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Events (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008?? (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1142)

penangtan 30th November 2008 10:07 AM

Re: CPs exhibition and competition in Penang Floral Fest 2008??

very excited to see so many member come to tis competition. i will post out the nepenthes photo soon.

edwardyeeks 30th November 2008 10:25 PM

I just hate it when parents don't let their child go to a floral fest in PENANG. My parents say its too far and I dont' have enough CPs to compete.

Well, the latter was correct......

Cheers

David 1st December 2008 10:23 AM

Hi there penangtan! Have I met you at the competiton? Haa, haa, we have the same surname. Looking forward to see your pictures. Hope other members would also post their pictures as I did not have the opportunity to take many pictures.

I am so tired today. Just arrive back in KL yesterday at about 10 pm +. How I wish I can sleep in and miss work. Calve muscles are also aching from the short hiking trip organised by Ban Aik.

I must say I was truely excited and thrill to meet Dr. Charles Clark and Ch'ien Lee, and of course all the members who went to the competition. Great to see all of you and encouraging to see you there supporting the event.

penangtan 1st December 2008 10:29 AM

repy david,
yes we meet all ppl also know me, the chen tan lah !you forgetten???
i no come here for 'kacau' lah!!

caseyhoo 1st December 2008 10:52 AM

For those have picture of the event, please post it... :1thumbup:

Cant wait to see the winning CPs and those join the competition!!! :crying:

David 1st December 2008 11:02 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Just some picture on the talks and forum by Dr. Charles Clark and Chien Lee from my camera...

Dr. Charles Clark giving his talk on Nepenthes

Attachment 693

Attachment 694

Attachment 695

Ch'ien Lee giving his talk. Did not have the opportunity to take more pictures of him.

Attachment 697

Attachment 698

Charles and Ch'ien and yours truely

Attachment 699

David 1st December 2008 11:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Banner outside the Penang Botanical Gardens...

Attachment 702

eric_sow 1st December 2008 05:13 PM

To who may want to know which CP plants are in my "mini garden".

They are,
Drosera nitidula x occidentalis
Drosera spatulata.giant form,long arm,deep red
D.sessilifolia
D.spatulatha
VTF royal red
N.gracilis
Drosera paleacea ssp trichocaulis (could be, near to N.gracilis)
and number of d.pulchella x ericksoniae germinated gemmae if you able to see it.

Mini garden is growing with in house lighting. Top up water tray every week. All plants are grow from seeding except vtf from TC. Thank you for most of people praised comment on my plants.

bactrus 1st December 2008 05:30 PM

Guys, do come and see the plants if you can. I would say the plants exhibited are nice and a good collection too. The N Truncatas (though didn't win a prize) is HUGE!!!! 18 inches long. You come, I tell the secret of growing which the owner told me. Lim, Shhhh! Don't tell them.

Unidentified's N Albo won 2nd price. Jonathan's Viking Third in the species category. There are some consolation here and there. I'll take some photos when I get back there tomorrow afternoon. In KL at the moment. The rest are not in the forum and are very expert growers. Yes, I would humbly bow before their great green thumb.

Next year, we proposed to have a bigger and more grand show. It could be in May or July or November. So, please prime your plants ready. During lunch with David just now, he shared with us some judging category which will be on a new thread.

Also, this new member Penangtan. He may be young but he is VERY GOOD for his age and his friend too. I am indeed humbled. You young people, Ken, Aaron, Edward, should learn from him. Don't spend your time waiting for new post or who can have the most postings. Focus on your plants.

plantlover 1st December 2008 06:10 PM

I'm focusing!! Too bad can't go there, too far away.