Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Interaction (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Random Fractal Art (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1739)

Marigoldsfail21 21st December 2008 01:55 PM

Random Fractal Art

10 Attachment(s)
Recently I've become just a little bit fascinated with fractals(:smile:), so I've started making some fractal art for fun.

(The program I use is called Sterling2, by the way)

Here're some:

Attachment 879

Attachment 881

Attachment 880

Attachment 883

Attachment 882

Attachment 886

Attachment 888

Attachment 885

Attachment 887

Attachment 884

Marigoldsfail21 21st December 2008 02:25 PM

Re: Random Fractal Art

Sorry for the small images, I resized them a bit to make them fit the file size restrictions.

bactrus 21st December 2008 10:35 PM

Excuse my ignorance. What is Fractal Art. Don't understand.

Marigoldsfail21 5th January 2009 11:35 AM

Sorry for responding to this so late, I haven't gone on the forum for awhile. :crying:

I guess I should start out by explaining what fractals are. There are many different types of fractals, but they are generally described as patterns or images that are self similar. Self smilarity is when you can zoom in to a part of an image, and that part looks nearly identical to the origional image. Hypothetically you could zoom in to a part of a fractal an infinite amount of times and this would still work, however, it doesn't work with real-world renders of fractals, since these are only approximations of fractals. (Pictures are limited by pixel size, and pysical objects are limited by their smallest particles)

Mathematically, fractals are made up of real and imaginary numbers, making them complex numbers. In fractal art, complex fractal equations are solved many times to come up with a HUGE number of solutions. Since these are only numbers, fractal art software interprets the solutions as colored pixels, rendering them row after row.

To make fractal art using a fractal art software, one usually starts by chosing a complex equation, each haveing certain shapes and patterns unique to it. Next is choosing the rendering, which determines more of the shape and style of the resulting image, followed by choosing the coloring of the image. Then comes zooming in to different parts of the image to find a nice-looking region of the fractal. (This is usually the most time-consuming part, but very beautiful images can result)

I hope that explains the basics of fractals and fractal art a bit.

Marigoldsfail21 5th January 2009 11:40 AM

I've been wondering for a while, why for some reason, this thread isn't showing up when i do a search of my threads or my posts. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

David 5th January 2009 12:35 PM

I think it does not show up because you wrote the posts. So the system acknowledge that as you have already read the post/thread. Therefore it does not show up on new posts. However, if you search the post it should show up. You can actually subscribe to a thread so that you can monitor a thread if there are new posts. Perhaps this is a better way. :)

Marigoldsfail21 11th February 2009 11:29 AM

Sorry David, I haven't been on the forum for awhile. I think I know what you mean, but even when I do a search for the title of the thread it still doesn't show up.