Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   35" 26" 36" (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=1140)

TS 8th September 2008 03:42 PM

35" 26" 36"

2 Attachment(s)
Haha... this good "body shape" nep was given to me by David from the very first batch of Neps he offered for free year ago, it's N. mirabilis x thorelli. But the weird thing is it appeared to be different from what David has.

Attachment 322

Attachment 323

TS 8th September 2008 03:49 PM

Re: 35" 26" 36"

2 Attachment(s)
Below this is what David has, I also have this from the same batch of plantlets.

Attachment 326

Attachment 327

David 8th September 2008 05:00 PM

You guys must look at the peristome of his N. mirabilis x thorelii. It is at an angle, yellowish beige in colous and has a sharp "bump" on the front peristome. the usual mirabilsi x thorelii that I see has narrower peristome that are also rounded and red just like his 3rd and 4th picture.

NepNut 8th September 2008 06:10 PM

Nice looking pitcher, very interesting.

David,
Is the hybrid seed grown from Thailand?

Aliamyz 8th September 2008 09:19 PM

Maybe they are seed grown plants TS.

wijaya 8th September 2008 10:14 PM

Hi TS,

Nice title and nicely shaped pitcher, like the shot from the back better than the front one. :biggrin: must have trained the pitcher to do the hula hop :smile:

Ed

TS 9th September 2008 12:53 AM

Thanks cpnut, Ali and Edy for the compliments.

I like this nep so much, the first nep's peristome is flat and yellow in colour and curved backwards to form a unique shape. But the 2nd one is totally different from this in terms of colour, peristome shape & colour, the pitcher shape and the wing. The 1st nep resembles more N.mirabilis and the 2nd one more to N.thorelii. Hmm... could it be the seeds been mixed up with other crossed nep seeds? Or merely a different form created from seeds?

Edy: should give the 2nd nep more intensive training since her sister has such a nice body shape. :2thumbup:

Tarence 9th September 2008 08:42 AM

haha, TS, good title.

the nep which David passed to me looks like what David has & not the 1st pic.....mebbe its a case of switched-at-birth ? *SMILE*

alienfx 9th September 2008 09:25 AM

Hahaha:biggrin:...I was acctually thinking of a hot lady shape when saw the numbers.Its a sexy looking nep.

David 9th September 2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpnut (Post 3453)
David,
Is the hybrid seed grown from Thailand?

Hi there cpnut! The seeds were given to me by Mr. Nong from Neofarm in Thailand when I bought from him some vikings and red amps. He gave me quite a lot and these seeds and almost 100% germinated for me. I realised there were quite a few that were different one from the onther because one of the 2 that I gave Cindy also looks different.

Cindy has one that also looks different from mine and TS's. Cindy, if you are reading this manybe you can post the picture again for everyone to see. Tks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarence (Post 3480)
...mebbe its a case of switched-at-birth ? *SMILE*

Could it also be variations from the same gene pool?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alienfx (Post 3481)
Hahaha:biggrin:...I was acctually thinking of a hot lady shape when saw the numbers.Its a sexy looking nep.

Haa, haa, he got me there too. I was like... hmm, why is that "off topic" thread here?!

I understand that the Thai people calls mirabilis x thorelii N. tiger, but I understand that they also have another form which they say produces very huge pitchers. They call it N. king tiger. I am not sure of the difference in appearance between these two. Can anyone explain? Perhaps there was a little mix up in the seeds or a hybrid between these two when it was given to me, but Mr. Nong told me they were N. tiger and not king tiger. just wondering...

I love these plants as they were really vigorous grower.