Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum

PetPitcher Forum (https://forum.petpitcher.net/index.php)
-   Nepenthes (https://forum.petpitcher.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Some of my young nep pics (https://forum.petpitcher.net/showthread.php?t=2291)

NepNut 1st May 2009 03:26 PM

Some of my young nep pics

20 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Since it's a public holiday today, got some free time to do pic posting for some of my "teenage" neps. Hope you enjoy the pics *biggrin2*

Sorry for the long loading time, It's my first time posting my nep collection :shy:

Species
Attachment 1513
Attachment 1514
Attachment 1515
Attachment 1516
Attachment 1517
Attachment 1518
Attachment 1519
Attachment 1520
Attachment 1521
Attachment 1522
Attachment 1525
Attachment 1524
Attachment 1526
Attachment 1532
Attachment 1533

I have doubts whether the N. globosa with the white peristome is a pure Viking?? Can anyone help to properly ID this particular one?
Attachment 1527

Hybrids
Attachment 1528
Attachment 1529
Attachment 1531
Attachment 1530

Thanks for viewing and happy holiday :smile:

kentosaurs 1st May 2009 04:23 PM

Re: Some of my young nep pics

Hi robert

Nice neps...Especially love..urrr.....Can't pick a favourite haha....Went through this thread a gazillion times and never get bored of it...Just asking bout your albo red how big is it? And lovely veitchii...And also those amps GAHHH!!

Ken

kit1212 1st May 2009 09:28 PM

Hi,

exquisite neps you have there~especially your red amps which manifest striking and stunning colour which makes me envy.=.=

wijaya 1st May 2009 09:37 PM

@cpnut: wow, nice going. All the pictures so nice, keep them coming.

Ed

kit1212 1st May 2009 09:57 PM

Not to forget,the LSM is like an icing on a cake.BTW where did u get them?

hongrui 2nd May 2009 08:44 AM

great growing!

alcran 2nd May 2009 08:46 AM

Nice, you have a lot of nice raff and amp forms. It's good to see diversity.

Aliamyz 2nd May 2009 09:14 AM

Hi Robert,

Nice pics and the plants look happy with their 'father'.Hope they be good children;)

BTW,about the viking,if i'm not mistaken,i've seen plants with name 'Tiger' that looks exactly like this one.

Hope this helps and please post the rest of your babies.

NepNut 2nd May 2009 09:26 PM

Thanks all for your comments. Hope the pitchers will be more stunningl once they reach maturity.

Ken,
The red albo pitcher is ~9cm. This plant is still not at it's adult stage yet, I hope the pitcher will get slightly bigger in due time. Since i'm growing it outdoor in L/L conditon, I don't think I can get them to produce the size that I saw in the wild @ intermediate condition. I'm happy if they can reach 10+cm.

Kit1212,
Glad you like the LSM. It's more work trying to grow LSM but I think it's worth it. I got some LSM from Fauzi. You can contact him to get some. Alternatively, some mountains also have LSM at about 1000m ASL and higher, if you feel adventurous... *biggrin2* As I far as I know, there're several kind of LSM available locally, they all have different growth rate and pattern.

Ali,
I also suspected it's a Tiger but also saw other "Tigers" that looked different. It's still very confusing regarding this variety... I think the Thais will be more familiar with them... Thanks for your input. :1thumbup:

Aliamyz 3rd May 2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpnut (Post 15666)
Ali,
I also suspected it's a Tiger but also saw other "Tigers" that looked different. It's still very confusing regarding this variety... I think the Thais will be more familiar with them... Thanks for your input. :1thumbup:

Rob,

There is a lot of type of Tiger just like viking.So this might be it.:smile: