Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2009, 06:31 PM

Default Re: N. truncata Cultivation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnut View Post
If I may add from my experience with N. truncata, they prefer very well drain media, just treat them like you're growing any epiphytic plant (more or less), they have thick leaves so they can handle a short period of dry out condition (but that doesn't mean low humidity). I don't use water tray method and don't think that's neccessary for growing N. truncata.

I prefer using smaller pot mainly because smaller pot size have smaller volume hence it won't be able to hold too much water and dry out faster especially during monsoon season if you grow your plants outdoor.

I found BE's N. truncata "Pasian" is a much vigorous grower compared to MT's clone in L/L tropical weather. BE's clone seems to be able to acclimitise fully to flourish in L/L tropical condition. My 2 cents.
RIGHT!!!Although Fauzi told me alreadyHe says the neps that come from Phllipines prefer airy media