Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2008, 05:16 AM
Advisor
Senior Global Moderator

Default Re: My U.sandersonii

The picture in the foreground of the top picture looks like livida. It is similar to sandersonii but it doesn't have the ears and the spur at the base of the flower isn't as pronounced. The pot in the background of the picture is sandersonii. You can clearly see the ears and the spur in the photo.

Both of these plants should flower without being in deirect sunshine. I have two pots of these plants. One is in my glasshouse and receives direct sunlight for most of the day. The other is in my office and this would be lucky to get an hour of direct sunlight a day. Both are flowering at the moment. If you have them in your terrarium you may just need to wait a couple of weeks for the plant to adjust and produce flowers.

As for the other plants in your pot this is quite common with utric's. One of the most common is bisquamata. This spreads through everythng after flowering if you are not carefull. It has narrow linear leaves like the ones in your second picture. This is also a prolific flowerer.