Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2008, 04:01 PM
malowie

Default Re: Heading to Borneo

mount kinabalu, kundasang, sabah.. there are several species of nepenthes there. n. lowii if youre really lucky.

btw, around kundasang there are many homestay programmes, whereby the locals from different ethnic groups bring you around town. furthermore, they charge really cheap for lodging and food etc. for me, it was around RM80-90 a day including lodging and food etc. theyve got chalets for tourists, next to their own home.

lots and lots of agricultural activities revolve around kundasang, and you can certainly immerse yourself into a melting pot of culture. kadazandusun, dusun, sungai are the few ethnic groups that live there.

dont worry. i myself have been to kundasang and its really awesome. you feel like youre part of their family, and everyone makes you feel special. although majority of them are muslims, theyre very open and place differences of religion and culture aside.

however, im not sure whether you would like the cold weather as kundasang is located amidst mountains, and its actually at the foot of mt. kinabalu. so imagine how cold the peak of mount kinabalu can get!