Read-Only Forum Archive
Thread: Red Aldrovanda
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2010, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Red Aldrovanda

Seriously someone from AVA actually goes to your house to "audit" you? Because of what? Because they know you have nepenthes and stuff? Or because they know you have a pond? etc? Sorry luckily we don't have that type of "big brother" where I live, I am curious how they actually manage to find time to visit people's houses like that.

If they see a fish in your pond, will they leave your pond alone?

I just feel that it is a shame that your Aldros are not able to catch natural prey like Mosquito larvae.

Regarding zooplankton, I assume that you are talking about Daphnia or Moina? I'm sure Aldros will love those, but yeah a bit difficult to keep a culture going, mine just crashed I am able to keep them for 4 months at a time, though during rainy season not easy, also stinks coz I feed them rabbit poo.

Anyways if you are able to catch some waterboatmen beetles in your local pond, then you can try to "culture" them as well. Waterboatmen actually just turned up in some of my containers, so I catch some and feed them to my aldro. But as Rich mentioned, Snails, pond snails, ramshorn snails will be good companions and food for your aldrovanda.

Yes I am sure that my aldro did not come from Australia The origin actually is very colorful, it's from Bactrus who got it from Lim or from Rich, if from Lim, then Lim got it from Rich as well So Rich is the great great grand father