Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2008, 07:00 PM

Default Re: My Trip To Malesiana Tropicals

I was also quite disappointed at first when I saw the outside of the nursery but after looking around, it was quite impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Great pictures Jonathan. Thanks for sharing. I've never visited their nursery before. The clipeata is a beauty especially its red stems. Did you buy anything from them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by malowie View Post
btw, did you buy any CPs from malesiana when u were there?
Actually I bought quite a number of CPs from Malesiana. Spent about RM 350 there. Altogether spent about 1.5 k on plants in Kuching. There goes my allowance for this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentosaurs View Post
Wow those are some nice CPs i like expecially the highland setup they have....Well no offense but at the first picture they look like some rundown nursery hehehehe.N sumatrana truly stunning for the lowland side for the highland i like the red stem....So do you know whats the cross for N menarik??
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentosaurs View Post

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsivertsen View Post
That "N.x Menarik" looks exctly like N. x dyeriana to me! What are it's parent plants? - Rich
According to Malesiana’s website, the parent plant of N.x Menarik is N. rafflesiana and N. veitchii which is the same as N.x Dicksoniana but for some reason they called it N.x Menarik. N.x Menarik a.k.a N.x Dicksoniana may look like N. x dyeriana due to N.x Menarik making up one of the parent plant for N. x dyeriana.