Read-Only Forum Archive
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 04:14 PM

Default Greetings from Oregon

Hi! I'm from Oregon, which is Darlingtonia country. (Though the fact that they grow wild here sure doesn't make them any easier to buy, I have yet to find any for sale anywhere near me, it's very sad.) I've been lucky enough to see a few growing in the wild, they're amazing plants.

Just found this board today, and I love carnivorous plants so I thought I'd join up. I have a very small collection, a few drosera, two sarracenia, one nepenthes, and a few pinguicula, which all either grow outside on my patio or on my windowsill. I'm trying to get some darlingtonia and someday when I get the money together to get a terrarium set up I want to get a heliamphora. And maybe a cephalotus too. And I keep meaning to get some venus fly traps, but I never have any money when I find any! I really just like all sorts.

I grow fruits, veggies, flowers, herbs, and some succulents as well. I kinda just like plants all around really. My fondest dream is to have a real garden and not a bunch of pots on an apartment patio someday.